[choco milk]

[pov: hyunjin]

i had left the room just a while after, claiming to go to the toilet. in reality though, i wanted to buy minho some snacks. i always thought the milk they sold in these vending machines at our school were disgusting, especially the unflavored ones - but minho had always loved them.

i went to the machine next to the science classroom, carefully pushing my money through the little slit and selecting a strawberry- and a regular milk. minho had this weird habit of taking a sip of each simultaneously through both of the straws because he claimed the strawberry one alone was too sweet for him.

i strolled around the upper floors for a bit, enjoying how nice the school looked when it was empty. when it wasn't crowded and packed with students, revealing the clean white walls i had never seen like that before.

as it was almost time for our meeting to start i walked downstairs again, looking at the milks in my hands, smiling.
as i got down i almost ran into someone, looking up and finding it was the one and only minho. speak of the devil, right?

but what confused me was that minho, too, had two boxes of milk in his hands. apparently i was too late since he had already bought some for himself. ugh, can't my plan just work out for once?

minho chuckled and pointed at my milks with his': "got some for yeri as well, eh? we're such gentlemen.", he patted my shoulder playfully before walking to the decided classroom.
i quickly hurried after him, debating on whether i should tell him the snacks were for him or not but my best friend stole that chance from me.

entering the room minho went straight to yeri, telling her we had four milks now and that she should pick one from each of us.
her face lit up a bit. "ah, thank you, hyunjin! so thoughtful.. hmmmm.." she took my strawberry one, leaving me with only a plain milk. what was i supposed to do with that?

minho noticed my look, knowing i didn't like unflavored milk. "here, let's swap.", he said, trading mine for his chocolate milk, not missing the chance to brush his fingers over my hands while exchanging the boxes. was that an accident or not?? i could never tell with minho.

he smiled at me and sat down next to yeri whereas i sat down on the empty seat next to jeongin, taking a little sip of my - of minho's - choco milk, getting lost in thought again as everyone started talking about our project.

i just didn't want to interfere with his. if i'd actually bring my ideas in i'd give minho and yeri as much screen time alone rather than as a couple and that would just ruin the project for everyone. i decided to just let it go, doing my work and then leaving it at that.

my thought process was being interrupted by a pissed-off looking jeongin, snatching the chocolate milk out of my hand and sucking on the straw furiously.
i stared at him for a while before asking, "you alright, innie?"
his facial expression changed a bit at the nickname, nodding and leaning his head a little against my shoulder. smiling softly i rested my head on top of his too, knowing jeongin had always been a little cuddly and touchy. i guess he just trusted me the most, after all we were best friends too!

[a/n: lmao, i think u can already guess what the end will be like. but this was never meant to have a complicated plot, just a little au because i had been inspired by the mv :)]