𝓆𝓊𝒾𝒸𝓀𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒹

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

Put your lips close to mine
As long as they don't touch
Out of focus, eye to eye
'Til the gravity's too much
And I'll do anything you say
If you say it with your hands
And I'd be smart to walk away
But you're quicksand

-Taylor Swift

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

Seijuro tries to remember exactly what lead to this moment, but thinking feels harder than it should and he's uncharacteristically distracted right now.

Although he supposes anyone would be in this kind of situation.

Vaguely, he recalls finding (Name) on the same bench from nearly two weeks ago when they'd waited for her brother, except he knows the soccer team doesn't have practice today and she has no reason to stay.

"I'm thinking," she'd said when he'd asked what she was doing, the look on her face pensive and slightly startled upon seeing him. "Is practice over?"

Humming, Seijurou had taken the seat beside her when she'd moved her bag away in silent invitation, observing the way she stilled when their arms brushed.

He doesn't want to admit it, but he likes being closer than necessary to her. It feels almost comforting, and he supposes it has something to do with the severe lack of physical affection in his upbringing. Now that he's comfortable enough to initiate this kind of meaningless contact, and he knows she isn't opposed to or intimidated by the idea of indulging him, Seijurou takes every opportunity he can without overstepping his boundaries.

"Is something wrong, (Name)?" he had asked, deciding against letting her momentarily tensing go.

She huffed, turning to him with a withering stare that stated she'd wanted him to ignore it, and he couldn't keep from shooting her a smug smile, knowing it would annoy her.