𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒸𝒾𝓃𝑔

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

I loved you in spite of
Deep fears that the world would divide us
So, baby, can we dance
Through an avalanche?
And say that we got it
I'm a mess, but I'm the mess that you wanted
Oh, 'cause it's gravity
Oh, keeping you with me

I'd kiss you as the lights went out
Swaying as the room burned down
I'd hold you as the water rushes in
If I could dance with you again

-Taylor Swift 

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

Even the upper class of society can't stand against the sands of time and the changes they bring. Regardless of their pride over their individual family histories and the traditions that bind them to their names, they too must accept and adapt accordingly in order to continue flourishing. 

As such, arranged marriages are becoming increasingly less common among them and inter-class relationships are less frowned upon. 

Those who are too deeply rooted in tradition remain as such, but most are coming around with a  slow but steady acceptance of the more modern views for the sake of their children. 

The Akashi family has always been quick to adapt once the more advantageous path becomes clear and in order to flourish in the present market as well as ones to come, they are among the 'old money' families who support the notion of marriage by choice of the children rather than one orchestrated for mutual benefits. More of than not, after all, the benefits don't last particularly long. 

Masaomi's only condition for Seijurou's future partner has always been that they be someone trustworthy and of an acceptable background with decent academic qualifications. Of course, they never outright discussed this when Seijurou avoided being in his father's presence unless absolutely necessary, but once Masaomi's awkwardly genuine attempts at trying to be a better parent began, the elder had brought it up during a brunch.