Everly:CH13: Fiendly Occurrence Part 2

This time it's going to be different. It has to be. The panic of turning thirty, and having very little to my name, having achieved nothing is making it easier to push through the self-sabotage, to keep writing even though the fear of success and failure looms over me, crushing me, both as equally daunting.

"Ask him about me, does he miss me?" Karma appears beside Aldwen, running her hands through his thin hair.

"Leave him alone!" I silently demand.

Aldwen shifts uncomfortably.

"We should stop," I warn.

He shakes his head, "No it's fine. Let's talk about Polly, it must be hard being without her."

"I bet he was hot back in his prime, what do you think?" Karma has her arms wrapped around him, standing behind him, one of her hands slides underneath his cloak. Aldwen is trying his best to ignore her, "Do you think I was the first woman inside of him?" she smirks.

"Yeah it is but Bastian is nice enough and Kahli has been nothing but kind to me."

Aldwen nods, "Good, that's good. Bastian is pleased with your progress, are you?"

I shrug, "I guess." It's not like I haven't been through training before, "Shouldn't we talk about what happened yesterday?"

Bastian could've died not that I'm blaming Aldwen. It's not his fault Karma is a fucking crazy psychotic bitch.

"That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me," Karma gushes over-dramatically.

"I've told Dr.Sahari what she needs to know."

"And what about me? If Karma was able to posses you that means she's a spirit right? That I'm not insane? Did she tell you anything?"

"We still don't have a definitive answer yet Everly."

They're meant to be some of the best in their fields. Shouldn't they have answers by now? I need to know.

"Either way I'm not going anywhere Everly," Karma says now sitting right next to me on the arm of the chair.

"You're wrong about that. If you're a spirit, you'll be banished, and if you're a delusion, well you'll also be banished, I'll risk everything to get rid of you, even if it means I end up brain dead," I reply silently knowing the bitch can hear me.

"I have another appointment. I'll speak to you again tomorrow Everly. Dr.Sahari asked that you go straight to the infirmary."

I'm assuming I don't have a choice in the matter. Poking the bear isn't working, hopefully, she has a new strategy today, one that doesn't leave me completely drained. The dread is heavy in my chest as I leave Aldwen's office, and begin making my way to the infirmary. Up the stairs, it's the first door on the right. I'm one hundred percent convinced this is going to end badly for at least one of us.

"How are you feeling?" Dr. Sahari asks. She wasted no time, dragging me into room three this time as soon as I stepped through the doors. If I was smart, I would've taken a long bathroom break. At least we aren't in her laboratory. I'm unsure how her hands have healed because of the pink rubber gloves that pair nicely with her coat. Trading in the long body skirt for dark grey slacks, sleek they make her look slightly taller than usual.

"I'm sorry-" I begin.

"No need to apologise, it's not like you were in control," Dr. Sahari shrugs it off and turns her back on me. I hear clinking as she stands in front of the desk.

That doesn't make me feel any better.

"What are we doing today?"

Sitting on the bed I can't help but fidget with my fingers. I should ask if she can turn on the ceiling fan. It's hot in here, my hands are beginning to sweat along with the rest of me. I'm glad I didn't leave my salt crystal behind, it works wonders, it doesn't stop you from sweating but it also neutralises odors, oh great now I sound like a commercial.