Chapter 20: Party Crashers

"Please just once!" I plead to Jax and he shakes his head yet again, turning his head back toward the TV where Brooklyn nine-nine is playing

"Please just once!" I plead to Jax and he shakes his head yet again, turning his head back toward the TV where Brooklyn nine-nine is playing. He came in a few moments after I changed and got ready, with breakfast and some junk food, some movie dvds and a laptop. We've so far watched The Breakfast Club, She's the Man and Freaky Friday. Since after we switched to the TV to watch this sitcom, I've been trying to convince him to let me talk to Storm but he says Storm isn't in the mood right now. I told him I can't wait for him to be in the mood but still Jax doesn't budge.

"Jax, please." My voice comes out wavy and frustrated, as I grind my teeth to stop myself from letting the frustrated tears drop. Finally, finally Jax turns his head my way. These strangers are holding me hostage and I don't know what is happening back in my house, what my mother would be doing and if Allen told her the truth about himself. And if he told Ritz about me. If Ritz doesn't know then he might be thinking i'm still mad at them both and wouldn't even try to contact me, whoch means he'll never know about my whereabouts.

"Look, i'm sorry about everything that is happening to you, sweetcheeks, but i can't go against his orders. Besides, we're taking you out to the beach with us, we have to crash a party. You can try and talk to him then." He presses his lips in a thin smile and looks at me with his sad eyes, patting my hand that rests on the sofa beside his leg.

I sigh and acquiesce, nodding in resignation.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask him and he nods hesitantly, locking his gaze with mine.

"Why do you and Blaze talk about Storm like he is someone superior to you? Aren't you his friends?" I ask the nagging question in my head and his eyebrows pull together. He looks like he doesn't want to answer and I am about to tell him to let it be but then he speaks.

"We work for him. He's our Master. He's in a way. . .our Boss you could say." He then says, in an inconvincing tone and scratches his head with one of his tattooed arms.

"But you three seem. . .closer than that." I find myself searching for the correct words.

"We have been working together since we were kids. We're kind of friends too but he will always be my master. Storm isn't one to socialize and make friends. Anyway, after we came here. . .uh, I mean, after we moved here from another city. . .Blaze joined us. She just stuck with us throughout everything so yeah we're kind of like a team and Storm runs it." He finishes his explanation that took much more time than it would have if not sloken so slowly, but i'm not complaining. He seemed to be in a loss of words while giving me that piece of information.