Chapter Fifty Nine-Zoey

I didn't want to go to school today. I especially didn't want to go to my chem class. Who knew taking biology and chemistry was a good idea senior year? I had them both back to back first thing in the morning. Good to get it over with, I guess.

Addison hadn't been around at lunch. That was unusual for her. We always had lunch together. But Blake quickly found me. So, I wasn't completely alone. He sat across from me but had nothing to eat. I didn't blame him. School lunch sucked.

"Soo, what do you eat?" I asked biting into my andwhich.

"What kind of question is that?" He chuckled with a toothy smile.

"I figured since you're not from-"

"What is it with both of you asking how different it is in the shifting realm? We're not aliens."

"Oh," I shook off the supposedly stupid question, "But what do you mean? What's with us? Did we do something?"

His eyes snapped to mine like I offended him, "Your sister. She was asking weird questions about how we live."

"There's nothing wrong with that. Addison has a curious personality and so do I," I explained. But I could tell that's not the side he wanted me to take, "What's wrong?"

"I kissed Addison."

I choked on my sandwich taken off guard. Addison has never kissed anyone. She always told me about her love life-which was nonexistent by the way she explained it, "Um, congrats?"

"What do I do?" He said it more like a statement than a question.

"I-I don't know. Addison has never had a boyfriend before."

"I'm her boyfriend now?"

"No, no-"

"We went on a date."

"That night in the woods?"

He nodded slowly. He wasn't wrong. That was the night they went to the café. Addison didn't tell me what happened at the café. She seemed happy after the dated so I assumed it went well. But ever since then she had avoided him. What happened between them?

I took a deep breath, "Addison doesn't really date. Well, she hasn't for a while. It's just not her thing." I exaggerated. I had to protect her.

"So, she doesn't like me?"

"I never said that."

"What am I supposed to do?"

I took a moment to process, "Get over it. Move on. Addison is stubborn. She knows what she wants and what she doesn't."

"Fine." Blake sat back in his seat as if he had been defeated.

"Don't be upset. I'm sure you'll find someone."

"Sure."

"Are you going to be ok?"

"No."

"Time heals most wounds."

"Not this one."

"Excuse me."

Blake's face scrunched up and he ran his hands through his hair then set it down on the table in a fist. His tongue ran over his lips as if he were having trouble forming words.

"Blake?"

"I imprinted on her Zoey. I'm in love with her. Don't you understand? I love her."