One call away

Word count: 1688

Hey guys, so this is my first chapter ... I really hope you enjoy it!

Summery: (where pepper dies in infinity war)

After peppers death tony is struggling - he lost so much in this few years it would have killed any other man - but not Ironman. But with memory's resurfacing he finds the only person he can turn to is the man he blamed for everything - a man who loves him more then he will ever know...
————

The wind blew his hair softly as he walked down the thinning pathway. The view of the sun filtering through the trees leaves illuminating the ground below brought back so many blissful memories. It was literally like walking down memory lane- because everything reminded him of something.

How the red leaves shone under the intense light reminded him of her hair; how the browner ones resembled the perfect colour of her eyes; how the sun made everything seem brighter and happier like she did for him.

Yet after everyday the sun sets - and for him it never rose again in the morning.

It was the park were everything started.

They had only been married for just over a month, He was so happy in that moment- he never thought anything could bring him down from that high, then the wizard showed up.

He promised her no more surprises. Yet it was just another promise he would never be able to keep. Because tony stark would never have a happy ending.

Thanos was coming - and he couldn't save her from him.

It was a ruthless battle- fought alone. His wife, and his best friend by his side , that's all HE left for him. So when the earth needed it's hero's once again, they were only given Ironman and his buddies. The avengers were doomed from the start : Ironman recompensed, Tony Stark was not.

And it really prophesied everything.

Because tony stark fought the last fight - and Ironman was pushed aside. Is that why he lost? Weakness? Love? Either way, a good leader was going to lose - but only one way would one die.... tony knew what he had to do... he had a family.

All those years ago in the park - He thought she was pregnant - and as it turned out - she was.

That day he didn't just mourn his wife - his best friend - companion - soulmate , he mourned for his child. The child he couldn't protect - would never have the honour of holding, loving, spoiling.... and it was then he died - because the pain was too much.

He had no one else. Rhodes was still recovering .

And he had made a promise all those years ago ...

If you need us .... if you need me .... I'll be there

With tears threatening to spill once again his hand went to his pocket and clumsily fumbled with the screen.

He didn't know if he could do it ... because he blamed that man for everything .. he took away something else that he loved - another family.

He looked down at the arc reactor. After the fight he was forced to have it reinstalled. And know he didn't know who to blame ... his father , obie, the ten rings, himself... Steve?

So many people were responsible for the battery in his chest... because maybe he didn't want to live anymore - and those people were still punishing him - punishing him to life.