My Friend

Word count: 1625

Summery: Times where tony and Steve were good friends - and the one time a broken man was completely destroyed.

————

" He's my friend,"

——

He remembered waking up. The woman, the base ball game, the guy with the eye patch.

Nothing made sense, one minute he was risking his life for New York, and died ... then he was awake- and in a new century.

Shield - as they called themselves, didn't allow him much freedom, but when he was able to get out, he went to Brooklyn. He would walk the busy streets, baseball cap on, and head down, and his feet would take him to the road where he and Bucky used to live.

It was nice in a way, a reminder of happy times, a safe place - a place where he called home ...

But it was also a haunted memory. His ma, Bucky, his friends and neighbours. All gone. Peggy . Bucky. He was alone in the world - ina. Century he didn't understand or fit in.

The memory's circled his mind, " you won't be alone" peggys voice sounded like she was standing besides him. Punch, After punch, after punch , and he felt no better. The pain weighing down in his shoulders didn't cease neither did the stabbing in his heart. A final blow and the bag flew across the room, leaving the soldier sweating and mentally exhausted. But he picked up another bag

" trouble sleeping?"

He remembered when he first met him. A know- it- all, like his father, but worse : cocky, arrogant. He wasn't at all like Howard - only in genes it would seem. He looked like him, maybe : but he didn't act like him. And yet , even though he was the only one he could associate with home out of the whole team - he was the one he wanted to punch the most.

" put on the suit, let's go a few rounds,"

" oh I'm starting to want you to make me"

" big man in a suit of armour, take that off and why are you?"

" genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist"

" i know guys who've got none of that and are worth 10 of you and I've seen the footage, the only thing toy really fight for is your self. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down in the wire and let the other guy was over you..."

" I'd rather just cut the wire,"

" always a way out, you may not be a threat but you better stop pretending to be a hero,"

" a hero? Like you? You're a lavatory experiment rogers, every special about you came out of a bottle."

——

But it was when he watched the same man fall from the worm hole that he realised he was wrong, This stark, was different that what he first thought. And he respected him for what he did, and regretted his words.

He was a hero.

And God did he wish he would wake up! It would be wrong to cry over someone you thought you hated - right? Someone you hardly knew?

But he didn't have to answer that question - as the brown orbs came fully into view, full of life and charisma as normal.

" but shawarma after.."

He couldn't help the smirk form in his face. Maybe he did like him after all.

——
But it was during the whole 'Ultron' issue when the really bonded, surprising really: