Chapter 13 | Dilemma

Your P.O.V.
Yet again, Monday had arrived. Over the weekend Cheryl and I finally got to have a little time for ourselves in Jughead's trailer. The moment we stepped in, the smell of something rotten filled our noses. Cheryl immediately cleaned the place up whereas I made the bed and decided on a movie to watch. We fit together so well, Cheryl cleans everything up and I just cook food. Well we order in most of the time, but you get the point. After we both were done with our tasks and the food was delivered, we ended up cuddling on the couch. She had her arms around me as we had hour-long conversations about our families and so much more, making the connection between us grow. "You totally killed that Heathers audition though." Cheryl scoffed. "Kevin should've given me the role right away." She said rolling her eyes. "Remember cher, you need to show them first. I knew you would get the role right away of course. There's no one like you." It was silent for a moment before I turned around in her arms to kiss her on the cheek. "Is Cheryl Blossom blushing?" She put a pillow in front of her face trying to hide the tint on her cheeks. "I don't want you seeing me like this." I immediately grabbed her hands to pull the cushion away. "Don't. I like seeing you this way." After a few seconds she finally looked up at me. I got lost in her eyes before I silently spoke. "You're exceptional." That's when she pulled me in for a deepening kiss. Cheryl is such a great kisser, it dawns on me every single time. And as always, when air became a problem we pulled away. As she was still in a trance, which I was too, I decided to move on like nothing happened. "So I was thinking, we watch this movie called 'Sightless', it got some really good reviews and-" Cheryl then slapped me, laughing at my behavior. "F*ck you, y/n." I smiled at her, loving the sound of her laugh. (A/N: Hint for you to watch the movie on Netflix, Madelaine is the main character so what are you waiting for???) 

"Hey y/n!" Veronica shouted me over the next day from our usual table. I was excited to eat cus it was pizza day hehe. "Hey guys! What pizza yall got." I asked dropping my plate on the table, joining Jughead as he answered my question with his mouth full of food. "Pepperoni, duh." Amen, it's officially the best type of pizza. "I got Hawaii." We looked over at Kevin, who watched Veronica eat her pizza with a disgusted look on his face. "Pineapple and pizza is the most disgusting combo in the world." Betty agreed with him out loud. To be honest, I could enjoy pineapple on pizza but I didn't dare to tell anyone in that moment. "Hey jug, you doing better bud?" I asked the boy with the thought of the weekend before in the back of my mind. He held his hand in front of his mouth as he finished his last bite. "I'm...better." I nodded being happy about this. "Happy for you Jug." After I patted him on his shoulder I leaned in to whisper: "Oh and thanks for last weekend, Cheryl and I had a lovely time. How about you and Toni?" I thought I already knew what the answer was gonna be. But what happened next had me confused as hell. He wiggled his eyebrows as he suddenly stopped eating with a devilish smile on his face. Wait a minute... "Wait, you guys-" That's when we heard Toni drop her bag on the bench. She rose her eyebrows for a mere second as she looked down at me. My mind being a blur, I looked at her with wide eyes. "Something wrong?" She asked clearly talking about my sudden change of behavior. "What? No, nothing, nothing's wrong. Why would it be?" I cleared my throat and quickly took a bite from my pizza trying to shut myself up. Toni didn't think much of it, it seemed, as she continued catching up with Betty. 

"Jug, let's go." It was almost the end of lunchtime, but yet again Archie and Jughead were leaving early. I didn't know what for but didn't really care either. "Coming." Kevin left his bag on the table, but was nowhere to be seen anymore. That left me, Toni, Betty and Veronica. I checked the time and reminded myself that there were 10 minutes left before next class. Since Betty and Toni were still catching up with each other, I decided to see how Veronica was doing. Silently scooting over to sit next to the raven-haired girl, I spoke up. "Hey there." Veronica was mindlessly typing away on her phone when she suddenly noticed my presence. "Hello." Her gaze never left the screen, and I playfully tried to get her attention. "What ya doing?" I said in my Isabella-voice as I made an effort to catch a glimpse of what she was doing on her phone. "God." Veronica noticed this though, quickly pulling her phone out of my sight. "Since when are you so nosy, y/l/n?" She asked giggling mid-sentence. I finally had her attention and asked her how she was doing. A simple question with, most of the time, a simple answer. "Good, actually. Katy is coming to Riverdale on Wednesday and she's staying with me until the end of the week." Veronica had the brightest smile on her face when she suddenly seemed to remember something funny. "And Betty and I had a sleepover this weekend, it was so much fun." She said turning to me now and finally putting her phone down on the table. Most people only see one side of Veronica: The bitchy one, where she wants to be treated like a queen and doesn't care about anyone but herself. We see who she truly is though. A girl that loves to have fun, who cares about the people that are close to her and doesn't think twice about shouting her opinion. That's the Veronica I know, the one I love. Love? No. Yes? She was looking at me, waiting for an answer. "What?"I shook my head being totally out of it. "Never mind. So how was your weekend?" I then told her all about my special time with Cheryl in Jughead's trailer. Didn't want to tell her about Toni and him though, she didn't have to know. Not before I spoke to Toni about it at least. "That's...great y/n." She seemed down all of a sudden. "Ronnie. What's-" Veronica grabbed her phone again, wanting to disappear. 

"Veronica, a pussycat? Sounds like music to my ears." Then suddenly there was Cheryl holding up a poster for the upcoming Pussycat performance at Pop's. To everyone's surprise, Veronica was pictured on it too. I looked at it very closely before turning to the girl next to me. "Veronica, why are you on the Pussycat poster?" Last time I checked, Josie and the Pussycats didn't have Veronica as a band member. Hell, last I checked, Veronica didn't sing. But there she was, clear as day, pictured with Pussycat ears. "May I say something, before you all freak out. I did audition for the band, yes, and I can sing like a nightingale for those who ask." She said looking over at Betty who was on the verge of asking her about it. "I actually kinda like this." Betty took a closer look at the poster, seeming to be enlightened by the idea all of a sudden. "What? Josie is a nosy bitch, that wants to get up in everyone's business. And Veronica? You are way better off alone. You don't need these cheap ass people, that only care about themselves." I already sensed what was about to happen next, and gently tried to get Cheryl to lower her voice. "How do you know what's good for me Cheryl?" Once I succeeded in getting Cheryl to sit down, Veronica rose from her seat. "All you ever want, is what's best for yourself. You don't give a damn about me or anyone else at this table." I was frightened, yes, but Cheryl and I had this thing where I would squeeze her elbow. It always calms her down and that's what I was desperately trying to achieve. I looked over at Veronica and whispered "shut up." She rolled her eyes, grabbed her bag and said one last thing to me, before she angrily walked off. "I can't believe you pick her side again." 

"You guys are such kids." Toni spoke as I started packing my stuff. "Babe, can we talk about this later?" Cheryl gave me a look, and I always knew it was bad news when she did. "There's nothing to talk about." I stuttered, not knowing what was going on. Cheryl took off right away, leaving the poster on the table and me in a confused state. "She just needs some time." Toni said putting her hand on my shoulder for comfort. "What I need, are some answers Topaz." She was taken aback, as she should. Why the hell was everyone keeping secrets from me?