#OO6

💌 YOU HAVE RECEIVED A LETTER!
IN THIS CHAPTER, WE WILL BE SHOWING YOU THE JUDGING CRITERIA AND EXAMPLES OF THE CORRECT AND INCORRECT WAYS TO FILL IT OUT. JUDGES MUST PM THEIR FILLED OUT FORMS TO THIS ACCOUNT FOR EACH BOOK. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE BOOK IF IT'S CHAPTERS EXCEED 35.

DO NOTE!
EACH POINT IN THE CRITERIA ACCOUNTS FOR (is worth) ONE MARK.
DO ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE CRITERIA.

A BLANK VERSION OF FORMS WHICH JUDGES CAN SIMPLY COPY PASTE CAN BE FOUND HERE →

JUDGING CRITERIA
↳ EPIPHANY, SHADOW, EGO, PERSONA, SERENDIPITY, SINGULARITY, EUPHORIA, JAMAIS VU AND RESPECT. (ALL INDIVIDUAL MEMBER CATEGORIES + SHIPS + WHOLE BTS)

BOOK TITLE, BOOK AUTHOR, CATEGORY

CR. O1. TITLE; 3 MARKS
◽ title is not cliché or overused
◽ title entices and/or appeals to the audience
◽ title relates to, is relevant to or somewhat summarises the story

CR.O2. COVER; 3 MARKS 
◽ cover is enticing,
◽ cover's font/pictures are visible,
◽ cover represents the happenings and/or characters, somewhat relevant to story

CR.O3. DESCRIPTION; 2 MARKS
◽ description is enticing, grabs the reader's attention
◽ description does not spoil the contents of the story while providing a sufficient amount of information that is relevant to the story, (is not too lengthy or too short)

CR. O4. PROLOGUE/FIRST CHAPTER; 3 MARKS
◽ prologue/first chapter sufficiently opens the story (grabs the reader's attention)
◽ prologue/first chapter is unique and not cliché, e.g doesn't start with the generic 'i woke up to the annoying ring of my alarm and my mum called me and i was late for school, oh no!
◽ prologue/first chapter efficiently displays the setting of the story and the protagonist/main character(s)

CR.O5. WRITING STYLE; 5 MARKS
◽ writer coherently incorporates a sufficient/wide range of vocabulary into their writing
◽ writer is able to paint pictures into the reader's mind using descriptive language, e.g describes scenarios in words instead of simply saying 'she wore these clothes: *insert picture of person wearing clothes of writer's choice*'
◽ writer splits their writing into appropriate paragraphs where needed — one chapter is not just a large block of writing.
◽ writer uses correct punctuation/grammar with minimal to no mistakes in their writing e.g uses appropriate punctuation marks where needed such quotation marks when a character is speaker and uses the correct tenses, capital and lowercase letters. (unless the story states it is in all lowercase/uppercase for aesthetic purposes)
◽ writer does not continually interrupt in the middle of the chapter with unnecessary commentary and focuses on producing a pleasurable chapter.

CR.O6. PLOT; 4 MARKS
◽ plot is not cliché, is unique and engaging. e.g is not the usual good girl intrigues bad/popular boy trope or a girl being brought out of her misery by a boy — being saved from her abusive and alcoholic step mum/dad/sibling trope.
◽ plot contains a well planned and timed twist
◽ plot is not rushed and its events flow coherently
◽ plot doesn't contain unanswered or irrelevant plot-holes. 

FOR COMPLETED BOOKS ONLY;
CR.O7.1 EPILOGUE/FINAL CHAPTER; 2 MARKS
◽ epilogue/final chapter is not abrupt or rushed and is well timed.
◽ epilogue/final chapter serves its purpose by efficiently wrapping up the story — does not end with 'and then i woke up' or anything else generic.