1. SOLITUDE & SOLUTIONS.

THE SMALL TOWN OF WEST HAM, CONNECTICUT WAS A DEAD END FOR MOST OF IT'S HIGH SCHOOL RESIDENTS

     THE SMALL TOWN OF WEST HAM, CONNECTICUT WAS A DEAD END FOR MOST OF IT'S HIGH SCHOOL RESIDENTS. The hundreds of students all grew up with one another, all knowing every little thing there was to know. Well that was all except Louise Hart, who was one mystery that no one could crack. She was timid and tended to always keep to herself. Most of the time you could find her hidden away in the back of the town's only coffee shop, reading a book that she always carried around with her. Or hidden behind the billions of books inside the town's library. All of the guys never even bothered to pass her a second glance knowing that she would never give it up. She was perpetually going to die a virgin.

Her sister on the other hand was the polar opposite. Rosemarie Hart was one of the most popular girls in her graduating class. She had just graduated the year prior, and began taking classes at Yale for economics. Though both of the girls were incredibly intelligent— they tended to have different strengths. Rosie was great at math, and loved science throughout her schooling career. Whereas, Louise always liked reading and history. Rosie also loved to go out and party, loved by most of the high school guys, and hated by the girls.

But then one — stupid and drunken — night everything changed, and Rosie had a one night stand with an ex-boyfriend... Leading to an unexpected pregnancy at only eighteen years old.

Louise walked up the pathway towards the school, as theater kids ran past her as they prepared for their final production. The school had chosen Rosencrantz and Guildenstein Are Dead as their spring play. All weekend long, the high school had been packed with students and parents, all attending the play — which was normally something Louise would pass on. But Becca had begged her to come to the last night and help her take pictures of the cast for yearbook. But she knew that Sam would be there, so she didn't understand why Becca needed her there too.

She could see two people making out as she neared the back door. She was hoping she would have been able to just sneak in during the final act and no one would realize she missed half the play. But today was not her lucky day when she neared the door, and the two leads were pressed against the wall. The door swung open and Cassandra Pressman was standing in the doorway, scolding her two classmates. And Harry Bingham pulled away from his girlfriend, Kelly Aldrich.

Kelly seemed sweet on the inside, but on the outside... she was the classic rich queen of the town. She never passed Louise a glance, hearing about her from the boys. They all called her a prude. Kelly followed Cassandra into the building while Harry hung back, his eyes were bloodshot and slightly glazed over — she could tell he was high. He gave her a once over before a grin appeared on his face, "Hey. Are you new around here? I haven't—"

"We've been in classes together since kindergarten, Harry. Maybe if you stopped smoking so much weed, you'd be able to see," Louise blurted out as she got closer to him. Sure, the talk of the town was that Louise was a total prude. But that wasn't entirely true. She enjoyed her privacy and she liked being alone. But she could still tell someone off if she needed to. And secondly, she was semi-friends with Harry Bingham.