3. MASS HYSTERIA.

LOUISE STOOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD WHERE ALL THE TEENS WERE GATHERED, the same place that they were dropped off a half hour beforehand

      LOUISE STOOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD WHERE ALL THE TEENS WERE GATHERED, the same place that they were dropped off a half hour beforehand. She was pacing back and forth on the grass, standing by Harry and Kelly. The three of them had walked there together, after the two neighbors met up with Kelly at her house. Louise had to admit that it was nice. Normally she wouldn't be caught dead with Harry, but now that they were here... and everyone else seemed to be missing. It felt nice.

"Why are we all here?" One of the jocks called out into the crowd, and Louise noticed that it was Clark. Grizz was standing beside him as they walked closer to the crowd, "Yeah. So who decided that we needed a flash mob?"

Cassandra spoke out as she was standing in the middle of the crowd with Helena, "I did."

Grizz extended his arms out, he was wearing a sweatshirt that had the mascot logo on it. His eyes caught ahold of Louise's as he grew closer to her, "What the fuck, Cassandra?"

"Better than 200 people sending texts. Has anyone been able to reach anyone?" Everyone answered the student principal in unison. No one had been able to contact anyone. It was like their families all disappeared. "No one?"

There was another unanimous, "No."

Cassandra stuck her hands into her pockets and nodded her head, "Okay. Well there's... there's... definitely a simple explanation."

Jason called out, "Like what?"

"They— uh, they were evacuated. After we left. And there was a miscommunication, and we were brought back here by mistake."

Kelly was standing next to Harry with her arms folded and Louise was beside her, "Someone would still answer a phone."

"Maybe they're asleep." Cassandra started to fumble over her words, and Louise could tell that she had zero idea what she was talking about. She was only trying to make the crowd feel better, and offer some solutions to a scared group of people. Which wasn't completely working. "I don't know, maybe they're someplace with no reception. They're in a shelter with... no reception or something. In the morning, someone will answer a phone."

A timid voice spoke up and Louise looked around to find who it was. It wasn't someone who would usually speak up — Elle Tomkins. She found the smaller blonde standing in the front of the crowd, across from Cassandra and her sister. She remembered her slightly from classes but the two have never spoken before. Both of them keeping to themselves most of the time. Elle spoke out softly as all eyes landed on her, "Maybe it's not safe for us to be here, if they all left."

"A couple of hours isn't going to make a difference. We'll figure this all out in the morning," Cassandra reassured everyone, and Louise could see Harry roll his eyes from her peripheral vision. She knew the two of them never got along. "Right now, we should just... um, go home. Yeah, we should go home. And anyone who doesn't want to... uh, be alone can come back to our house, yeah?"