/twenty/

Shawn is scheduled to be leaving for New York tomorrow. He didn't have much, but it was all packed and ready to go. B had been giving him the cold shoulder, it was evident that she didn't want him to go.

Shawn saw it as an opportunity for growth. He needed to give them their space to grow, so that they could learn to forgive him. He didn't want to lose contact completely, but right now space was prominent in their healing process.

He headed downstairs and saw Corey at the table while Beyoncé and Brielle sat on the couch. "Corey."

Corey looked up at Shawn with no problems. "Yeah?"

"You good?" Shawn asked him and he nodded. He took it upon himself to take seat next to him. "Ima be leaving tomorrow, you know?"

Corey nodded his head. He felt weird about the situation. A part of him didn't want his dad to go, but the other part didn't want him to stay. He was truly torn and as a little kid, he didn't know how to deal with his feelings. So he decided to just keep it bottled in.

Shawn didn't know where to take the conversation from here, so he just began to apologize again. "I really don't want you to look at me differently." He added. "I hope one day you can understand everything. I know you're a little young right now, this is all too much for your brain to process."

"I get it," Corey said. "You did something bad, but you don't do bad things anymore."

"Sure. And people make mistakes b-"

"But that doesn't define them." Corey finished. He had been getting lectured from his mom a lot and knew all the cliches that Shawn was going to say. "I'm not mad anymore. I just don't want to talk about it."

"Alright." Shawn said with a sigh and got up. B was still mildly upset with him for leaving so he didn't even go bother her like he normally would have.

Brielle kicked her feet happily as she chewed on her fruit snacks. She knew Daniel would be here any minute to come and get her, and she loved being with her daddy.

She got very excited hearing that someone was at the door. "That's probably daddy." B told her before getting up.

She opened the door for Daniel and Brielle ran straight to him. "Hi, daddy! Are we going to go see grandma today?" She asked immediately.

"Yes, baby girl. Put your shoes on." He told her. Daniel looked Beyoncé dead in the face and didn't speak.

"I said hello." She frowned, giving him the coldest ice grill. "What's your problem now?"

Still he ignored her. Before she could get fully smart, Corey was standing next to her. "Mommy, I want to talk to Daniel for a second."

"Mhm." She said looking Daniel up and down before stepping away.

"What's up?" Daniel asked as Corey walked with them to his car.

"I wanted to tell you we're all good now. After I told you about my dad, I just felt a lot better. So it's not a big deal anymore."

Daniel chuckled. "Just like that? Everything is all better?"

"Yup. He's going to be leaving soon so it's fine."

"Cool. I hear you, lil dude." Daniel said strapping Brielle into her booster seat. Still, Corey felt like something was off.

"You're not mad, are you?"

"Nah." He chuckled. "Go back inside... I'll be seeing you later."

Corey wasn't convinced, but he shrugged it off. "Okay, see you. Bye, Brielle." He said and kissed his baby sister.