𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ━ davey jacobs x reader x jack kelly ✧✧

a/n : i love them both 🥺

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

The morning was just like any other. You brushed your hair, wore a cute dress, and headed out to buy your daily newspaper from the Newsies around Manhattan.

You usually bought your paper from a boy who wore small, round, circular glasses who called himself "Specs", but you couldn't find Specs anywhere.

Instead, in the middle of the heat, you found three boys carrying newspapers. You never saw them before, but you wished you did because the two taller boys were cute.

One of the boys, which was wearing a red bandana around his neck, smirked at you. Guess he caught you staring. This made you feel embarrassed.

The curly haired boy waved hello as well, and they soon approached you. All three of them. Uh oh.

"Well, hello dere Miss. Could I interest ya in taday's news?" The red bandana wearing boy asked.

"I- erm, I have papers too Miss." The curly haired boy stated nervously.

"Aye, Davey, whatcha tryna do?" The bandana wearing boy stared at the curly haired boy named "Davey".

"Nothing, Jack. Just hoping to make... money." Davey said back to his... friend? Partner? You didn't quite know their relation.

"Um, I'm still here." You laughed and the two boys looked back at you with red faces.

The littlest boy, maybe about eight or nine, looked at the boys and said, "You both like her, don't you?!"

You both heard their different words at the same time. It was a mixture of "No I don't!" from Davey, and a "Well, Les, she is beautiful." from Jack.

You were red faced. What was going on? All you wanted was a paper, and this was the result. Part of you wasn't complaining though, in all honesty.

"Um, well, may I please just buy a paper?" You asked the boys.

"Here ya go! Penny please!" The small boy named "Les" handed you a paper in exchange for your copper coin.

Jack and Davey stared at Les. They both seemed to shoot looks at the poor boy. Les didn't even know what he did.

"Um, sorry. We haven't introduced ourselves. The names Jack Kelly, he's Davey, and tiny over dere is his brother, Les. And you are...?"

"(y/n). (y/n) (l/n)."

"Well, (y/n), afta I'se sell my papes, wanna get dinner wit me? Like a sorry for our... banter." Jack had to pause a bit to think of the last word.

Before you could even respond, Davey chimed in and said, "Well, you don't have to take up their offer! You and I could, um, get ice cream and go to a park with me?"

now you can scroll for the boy you'd
like to chose,
or you can read them both. ;-)

If Jack -
"I might just take you up on that offer." You grinned at Jack.

Davey just stood there red faced.

"Great," Jack grinned as well, "Meet me at da distribution center at five. As for you two, we gotta sell more papes."

Davey just glared at him as Les was simply just his happy little self.

"Maybe you could take some notes, and not tell 'em ya don't even like 'em." You heard Jack say to Davey as they walked away.

Jack made sure to give you a wink before walking with a grumpy Davey and a joyful little Les.

If Davey -
"U-Uh, thank you. Sounds wonderful." You say to Davey with a blush covered on your cheeks.

Jack looked shocked to be honest. Guess he thought he was really that smooth.

"Alright, well, um, here's my address. See you there at four if that's okay." Davey smiled as he wrote his address on a blank part of the paper you bought with a pen.

"Sounds great." You replied.

"Bye (y/n)!" Davey called out to you as he walked the other way with a jealous, surprised Jack and a confused Les.

"What just happened, Davey?" Les asked his older brother.

"They're gonna-"

Jack was cut off by Davey's hand over his mouth and a "nothing!"

You laughed as you walked away.

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

a/n : i read this again
and wow, it's so bad.
:,-)