4---New Friends, Old Enemies

(A/N: Minor language usage. There is a fight coming up! It won't be a super regular thing.)

Feb 8

Colonial Singapore Caper pt.4

01:27, S.S.T.

Sentosa, Singapore

The ringing began to die down, much to Carmen's relief. She stood, helping Zack in the process while attempting to staunch the trail of blood originating from her ear. She snapped a finger next to her injury, and much to her relief, she could still hear.

She turned to her friend, who was on the other side of the bend. In other words, out of the operatives' line of sight.

"Zack, go look for the files. Remember player's instructions. Try to see if your comm will work. They haven't seen you yet," She whispered, barely moving her lips and thumbing him her lipstick USB drive.

"Now?" The redhead shot her a puzzled look.

"I'll distract them. Go when Tigress gets riled up."

"Tigress," Carmen seethed, getting into fighting stance, "What, missed me so much that you picked up archery to pass the time?"

"Missed you? As if! Why, all I could think was getting you--"

"Back? Sorry Tigress. I know you love me, but I'm done with VILE." Carmen smirked. Messing with her was the easiest thing in the world. Why, even back on the Academy they'd compete to see who could---

Carmen's smile vanished. She didn't want to think of him. 

Tigress let out a guttural scream, slashing at the air with her razor-sharp claws. She was prepared to charge at Carmen before a girl somersaulted into view, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Easy there, Kitty Cat. Coach wants her alive, remember?" She raised her fingers in the air, making air quotes and using a terrible American accent, "Only Mama Bear can set her straight, remember?

Carmen internally winced at the mention of her former mother figure. She remembered in France when---

She had nearly died.

Carmen took a deep breath. It's okay. It's over. She isn't here. Shadowsan saved you.

 Focusing on the mystery girl, she narrowed her eyes. She did not recognize this operative. The girl was short, with Carmen and Sheena having about six inches on her. Her wavy black hair was drawn into a high ponytail. A deep red body suit covered her head to toe. A matching mask obscured the bottom half of her face, revealing her amused, almond shaped eyes. A black quiver was slung around her shoulder, a large bow strung along with it.

"You. You shot the arrow." Carmen said, eyes narrowing. her ear throbbed, fueling her fury as she promised to make the girl suffer something equal to that of her pain.

Wait. What was she saying? She was better than that!

Her headache was deluding her, blurring the lines of the morals that had first made her turn on VILE.

She prepared on how exactly to take on two operatives---one with an unknown fighting style---keeping the hostile expression but losing the temporary need for vengeance that overcame her.

The girl did not seem phased. "Duh. Way to state the obvious," She motioned to her quiver, turning to Tigress. "I thought she was supposed to be smart."

Tigress snorted. "Ha! She couldn't even pass finals! Of course she's not smart."

A small, immature part of Carmen took over. "Shadowsan failed me on purpose! I think we settled that score in San Francisco." She resisted adding the word 'stupid' and sticking out her tongue to blow a raspberry.