➎ taeyong hates parties & parties hate taeyong [edited]

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
C H A P T E R  F I V E

»"You can do anything you want when you're sexy."«

– The holy bible
────────⊲❈⊳────────

Taeyong and Ten were in Taeyong's room, getting ready for the party. Taeyong fiddled with his tie. He was wearing a knitted gray sweater with his usual vest on top. His hair, as always, was gelled to perfection.

"Do I look all right?" He asked Ten.

Ten shrugged, judging him. "You look like Taeyong."

"Is that a good or a bad thing?"

Ten shrugged again. He gave up long ago on giving Taeyong fashion advice. "Well, neither, you just look like Taeyong."

Suddenly, Ten grinned. "You've never asked me about your appearance before. Is this the Jennie effect, I presume?"

Taeyong plopped down onto his bed, ignoring Ten. "I hate this sweater and I hate crowds. I hate parties." He sighs and pouts like a child. "Ten, I don't wanna go."

"Uh-uh." Ten said sassily. "We have to go We've been waiting our entire school lives for this."

Taeyong covered his face with a pillow. Ten pulled him out and Taeyong started pouting again.

"Speak for yourself." He whined. "I don't care."

Ten rolled his eyes exaggeratedly. "Jennie cares, so..."

Ten suddenly pounced on Taeyong.

Taeyong was alarmed and tried to get him off. "What are you doing?" He exclaimed. "Ten, just be careful with- Hey!"

Ten managed to strangle off the tie. He threw it on the floor and gave Taeyong, who was beyond scared, a look. Ten pointed to the vest.

"That needs to burn."

Taeyong shook his head and Ten got up, patting Taeyong's back. "Look. You need to loosen up."

Ten opened Taeyong's vintage cassette player and switched on some music. He gave Taeyong a knowing wink.

"I don't dance." Taeyong grumbled.

Ten shook his head. "What's the point of having all this music, then?"

Taeyong shrugged. "To listen to. I sit very still and I appreciate the music."

He sat perfectly still to demonstrate this. Ten gave a joking smile and wiggled his eyebrows. "Come on, you know you want to."

"There will be no dancing." Taeyong said flatly. Ten grabbed his hands and got him off the bed.

"Oh! Oh!" Taeyong exclaimed as they were suddenly twirling on the floor of Taeyong's tiny room.

"Dancey!" Ten yelled. "Dancey-dancey-dancing! That's right!"

Taeyong wriggled out of Ten's grasp. "Stop!Okay, okay, I'll go."

Ten smiled. "Come on then. Wait!"

He took his bag from the floor and started to rummage inside. After a while, Ten pulled out a neon orange hat that matched his own neon orange jumpsuit.

Ten smiled proudly and turned to Taeyong. "It will be your thing. The Hat Man."

Taeyong sighed, knowing there's no point in arguing about something like this with Ten. "It looks bad." He muttered as Ten threw the hat on Taeyong's gelled hair, making him look bald. Ten dragged Taeyong out of the room. "Hey! You look great Tae-Tae. Come on, we're gonna slay! Come! Come, come, come."