Chapter 21: Chocolate Cake

The next morning-
Well I can officially never go home, especially if my mom finds out I lost my virginity to someone who isn't bob. I rolled over and see Dally sitting up in the bed looking out the window. "Good morning Dally." I smiled.
"Good morning doll." He leaned over and kissed me. "Hey want to go to the Curtis house today?"
    "Shit!" I yelled.
    "What, what's wrong?" He asked.
    "It's Monday, I'm supposed to have school." I said getting up and walking over to the closet.
    "Well you are already late whey don't you just go tomorrow?" He said calmly, school wasn't very important to Dally I mean he did drop out awhile ago. At least that's what he told me.
     "Fine, I guess we can just go to the Curtis house." I said sighing knowing I now how an unexcused absents. I began to go through the closet trying to decide what to wear. I threw on shorts that were scrunched at the top, and a shirt that had an angel on it. I put on socks that had matching angels and a pair of sneakers. I sat on the bed while Dally watched me braid my hair.
      "You ready?" He asked as I got up from the bed.
     "Yes." I smiled heading towards the window then remembering I don't have to sneak out anymore we can just walk through the door. we walked out of the door and down the stairs. Buck started to say something to dally but Dally just pushed me forward and we continued to walk outside.
     "You wanna walk?" He asked me.
     "As long as no socs get to us." I rolled my eyes.
     "You realize you are a socs." He chuckled.
     "Hey do you not remember when I told you how they put into the hospital for beating me up and now I have an arranged marriage with one of them and stood them up to hang out with you." I said crossing my arms as we began to walk.
     "Well if they do get to us, which I doubt, I will not hesitate to beat up anyone who lags so much as a finger on you." He said putting his arm around me.
    "Fine I guess it can't be that bad I mean they do have school." I smiled.

     As we were walking to the Curtis house I heard a sound of an engine and I whispered to Dally. "I think they are behind us." I felt him look behind us.
    "Don't worry baby they seem to just be driving. We're almost to the Curtis house anyways." He said continuing to look back.
    "Allie what are you doing out of school I'm sure your mommy and daddy won't be a fan of this." Bob said driving up besides us slowing his driving down to match our pace.
    "Her dad called her out of school for a mental health day." Dally said making his grip tighter on me.
     "I wonder how she got them to approve to let you out of the house to be with you, especially after ditching me, I guess you'll never want back what I have." Bob said smirking and looking me up and down.   
    "You do not look at her like that!" Dally said making me switch sides with him so he was now closer to bob.
     "Technically you should be the one to not look at her like that considering she is my future wife." Bob chuckled.
      "We're almost there." Dally whispered into my ear.
      "I'm not your wife yet so go bother some other people!" I said defensively.
     "Not everyone skipped school like you did Allie." Bob winked and I could see him reach to his glove compartment area where I seen him begin to grab something. I watched him drag the gun to his lap and not do anything just hold it.
     "Dally he has a gun." I said hyperventilating as I whispered.
     "Walk faster but don't make it noticeable." He whispered back. "We are five houses away."
     "Bob just leave us alone you already know I'm spending the rest of my life with you so let me spend what time I have with Dally." I said a tear falling down my cheek.
     "Fine but if your mom finds out about this just know I'm not going to be the one to get hurt." He chuckled and drove away at an extremely fast speed. As soon as he left I began to sob and I got very lightheaded and felt my knees give out. I almost fell onto the floor crying but thankfully dally caught me by the arms. He pulled me very close into a hug.
     "Do not let him get to you I will not let him marry you if it's the last thing I do." He said very calmly as he whispered into my ear rubbing his hand across my back. "Now let's go to the Curtis house where you can sit down." He said making sure to hold onto me tightly as walked.
      How am I going to get out of this situation with bob. He's so toxic to the point I don't feel safe anywhere anything and any sudden movements scare me because I think it's either my mom or bob. And the fact that I have two people out to get me and they are teaming up scares the living hell out of me. And now I have to go to the Curtis house and see Steve which I haven't seen since I left that house that day to go on a date with Dally after I broke up with Steve.

     We walked into the Curtis house and Darry approaches me. Which he typically never does, typically he greets me from his chair. "Hey Allie can I talk to you in the kitchen." He said as he pointed to the kitchen where no one was.
     I looked up at dally, "uh yea sure."
     We both walked into the kitchen and he began to talk, "I thought I would bring this up but I decided to do it in private so I didn't have to bring attention to you. But a woman stopped by claiming to be your mother and says you haven't been home and she's worried sick and says that if I see you I must call this number."
    "How the hell did she find me here." I said instantly crying just wanting to punch something.
    "What do you mean Allie?" Darry asked in a comforting but concerned voice.
    "That's my mom. But I ran away for a reason. I'm tired of being abused and told I'm not worth it. I'm tired of having to put a on a perfect show because my dad is the mayor and we can't have my mother seem like a bad figure. I'm tired of having to have everything planned out for me. I'm tired of my mom not caring taht I'll be in danger when she assigns me to marry the guy she knows put me in the hospital." I said and each line my bottled up anger began to show more as I began to yell louder for each line.
     "I don't know where you ran away to Allie but my door is always open. I will not tell your mother about you being here. My home is yours. If you need to stop by for some dinner come by please allie I can't have you starving." He said as he gave me a small hug.
     "Thank you Darry, you are more of a parent to me then my mom will ever be, but I'm staying at dallys." I said still crying thinking about my mom.
      "Okay but if you ever and i mean ever need a place to stay stop by here." Darry said smiling. "You want some chocolate cake?"
     "Cake sounds really nice." I smiled laughing.