The First Meet

She raised her fist to knock on the door but stopped an inch away. She shook her head to herself and turned away from the door, mumbling to herself.

What am i doing? I knew this was a bad idea. I should just go.

She started walking down the stairs but stopped abruptly.

But I've already paid for it.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She whirled around, her curls flying and her eyes set with determination and stomped back up the steps. She raised her fist again to knock when the door swung open.

"Hi!" exclaimed a man with floppy hair and a cheeky grin.

She stepped back in shock, almost toppling down the stairs but somehow caught her balance before she could do so. She gaped at him silently before remembering that the handsome man before her had spoken to her.

"Oh... erm hi," she stuttered before questioning him. "Dr Jehangir Khan?"

"The one and only!" the charming man replied with a low bow and hearty chuckle. "You see, I saw you coming up the path through the window but then you started to leave. I was a little confused but then I realised that it must have been because you couldn't reach the doorbell."

He subtly eyed the doorbell which was placed at the top right corner of the doorway and the girl followed his line of sight. She stared at the doorbell while Dr Khan prompted, "Right?"

She stared at him for a moment before replying.

"Yes... Yes of course. The doorbell. It is placed really high. You should really move it down."

He smiled at her knowingly.

"Kuhu Raajvansh," she stated, while forwarding her hand to him. "I have an appointment for noon."

"Call me Jug," the man replied taking her offered hand. "Come in."