The letters from no one

Disclaimer: All the text in bold and the characters belong to J. K. Rowling. This is just a story written by a fan who doesn't get any kind of compensation for it except for a few reviews from time to time.

The letters from no one

"If I could have everyone's attention for a moment," Flitwick's voice interrupted them. "We've finished the first chapter," he announced, pointing at the floating book, which was glowing with a yellow light.

"Should we continue with the next one then?" Dumbledore asked calmly, his eyes twinkling. He ignored all the stares in his direction, knowing that many people wanted to talk to him about his decision of leaving Harry with the Dursleys. They would have to wait until they finished reading for the day, though, and they were somewhere private. "We haven't been reading for long so I think that we can wait for a while yet before we take a break, don't you think?"

"I don't have a problem wiz zat," Madame Maxime nodded her agreement. She was shocked at the treatment the Boy-Who-Lived had received and she was certainly going to have words with Dumbledore, but she knew it was not the time nor the place for that.

"The sooner we finish this, the better," Karkaroff said in a bored tone. He just wanted to get back to the Triwizard Tournament.

"Well, then," Flitwick nodded, flicking his wand in the book's direction. It glowed green for an instant as the next page turned.

The letters from no one

"Letters from no one?" Neville blurted out without thinking. He went beet red when all the attention turned towards him.

"How can letters be from no one?" Dean asked. "They have to be from someone, right?"

"But it says they're from no one?" Lavender pointed out with a confused frown.

"And whose letters would Harry receive?" Katie asked baffled. As far as she had understood it, no one from the wizarding world had bothered to check on Harry, so it didn't make sense for anyone to send him letters.

"Maybe it's the letter from Hogwarts," Hermione said pensively. "He's about to turn eleven in the story, so he has to get it any moment now."

"But then they wouldn't be letters from no one. They would be from Hogwarts," Seamus pointed out.

Hermione sent him an irritated look. "Harry would have no idea what Hogwarts was and letters from the school don't have a remittent or a stamp."

"They don't have a what or a what now?" Ron asked puzzled.

"Oh! I remember stamps!" Mr. Weasley exclaimed enthusiastically. "They're such a curious thing."

"Arthur, dear, not now," Molly sighed, grabbing his hand and squeezing it to try to calm him down.

"Even if it was the letter from Hogwarts, it says letters. As in, more than one. Why would Harry receive more than one letter from Hogwarts?" Dean asked, looking at his roommate in search for answers. If anyone had them, it would be him.

Harry smiled innocently, but his eyes were dancing with mirth. This was going to be a funny chapter with the odyssey his uncle had put them through for nothing.

"Harry?" Hermione asked with narrowed eyes. "Something you wanna share?"

"Nope," he shook his head, his smile widening. "You'll see. It didn't end badly. I promise."

"That doesn't exactly reassure us, mate," Ron muttered under his breath. All the mishaps they had got themselves into had ended well, but that didn't mean they hadn't been scary or they couldn't have ended very differently.