Nightling, imposible challenges and guardianships

Hi! This chapter is a bit shorter than the previous ones because there's no reading done by the characters, but I hope you enjoy it all the same!

Disclaimer: All the text in bold and the characters belong to J. K. Rowling. This is just a story written by a fan who doesn't get any kind of compensation except for a few reviews from time to time.

Nightling, impossible challenges and guardianships

"Please, if I can have your attention for a minute," Dumbledore intervened, standing up. "I think it's time to have a little break so we can let everything we've learnt for now sink in," he announced, nodding once towards the floating book. It was glowing yellow once more, showing that they had finished the third chapter.

"And because he knows that many of the adults are just itching to rip him a new one and they aren't gonna wait another whole new chapter for it," Ron snorted under his breath. The headmaster looked directly at him, his eyes shining with mirth. "Crap. You don't think he could've heard me, do you?" He muttered wide-eyed.

"If you don't want him to hear you, shut up already, Ronald," Hermione snapped at him in a whisper.

Dumbledore smiled slightly. "I believe that an hour is more than enough for everyone to stretch their legs, go to the bathroom and relax for a while. I believe that the weather is surprisingly good today. Off you go, everyone. Please, don't be late."

With those words, everyone began to stand up and leave the Great Hall in small groups.

"Let's go, Moony," Sirius growled as he stomped over to where Dumbledore was with the staff and the officers of the Ministry.

Remus sighed and stood up. "Slow down, Sirius. He's not going anywhere. You can always talk to him later."

"No. It has to be now. It can't wait another minute. I want answers and I want them now," the animagus insisted stubbornly.

Remus hesitated and looked back at Harry, who was staring at them with sadness and a little longing. When the teenager realized that he had been caught staring, he quickly averted his gaze.

"Maybe we could talk to Harry, Sirius," the werewolf suggested. Maybe it was their chance to make amends before they could have more problems caused by miscommunications between them.

Sirius glanced at his godson quickly before shaking his head. "We can talk to him later. First, Dumbledore owes us some explanations."

Remus wasn't convinced. He had the feeling that they should really go talk to Harry right then instead of waiting, but he finally relented. He couldn't leave Sirius alone. He would probably do something reckless and stupid and the Ministry would have a real reason to throw him back in Azkaban.

"Let's go then," he sighed.

Harry watched them go sadly. He thought that he would have had the chance to talk to them during the break, but apparently it was going to have to wait a little longer.

"C'mon. We've got a lot to do," Hermione said as she stood, snapping him back to the present. She grabbed Harry's and Ron's wrists to drag them behind her at a fast pace.

The two boys exchanged a baffled look but followed along.

"We do?" Harry asked confused.

"We're going to the library," she announced.

"To the library?" Ron groaned in disbelief. "For what? There are no classes, no homework, nothing until the reading finishes."

Hermione glared at him over her shoulder. "Have you forgotten what Professor Moody has said he's gonna do? I don't trust him not to begin planting traps and poisons today."