Finally the big day !

When the morning of the auditions came , the sun was shining . The hearts of the students palpitated with excitement . They had spent the last few days rehearsing their roles , and now all of them felt euphoric and impatient . By lunchtime , a noisy crowd of candidate actors had gathered in the corridor leading to the amphitheater .

Nicky : Wow ! Everyone wants to be either Romeo or Juliet .

Colette : Oh la la...I'm so nervous , mouselings !

Pamela : Go , say it loud and clear , dude ! It's theater fever !

But Colette had misunderstood .

Colette : HEEY !! I'M SO NERVOOOUUS !!

A student : Shut up ! Nobody care !

Colette : .....O_O

Pamela : Ha ha ha ha ha ha ! xD

At that moment , the Vanilla Girls passed by them .

Dina : *whisper* I bet she's surprised to see that everybody has a copy of the play .

Vanilla , who had discovered to her dismay the books that each student held on his paw , ruminated furiously in her corner . The doors of the amphitheater opened at 3 p.m . The jury , responsible for evaluating each performance , sat near the platform . It consisted of Professors Rattcliff , Marblemouse and Sparkle . Sitting in the center , the headmaster Octavius observed the scene . On the table near him was a large vase . The candidates entered and sat down , each patiently waiting for his turn . Silence descended on a room tense with waiting .

Octavius : Dearest students of Mouseford Academy , i now declare the auditions for the performance of Romeo and Juliet officially open !

All the young people applauded .

Octavius : If you wish to audition , write your name and surname on a piece of paper and place it in here ! We will pull out the names from the vase one at time , that will determine the order of auditions and who goes first !

Pamela : *whisper* This seems more like a lotery than an audition .

The mouselets giggled , putting their paws in front of their mouths so as not to be heard .

Violet : But , this is a very honest method . After all , whoever goes first will have an advantage . After hearing the same lines recited again and again , the judges will get tired by the end .

Nicky : Yes , but someone will still have to go last !

Dina : Right , but if it is good , it will remain so even if it is the last .

Colette : *gasp* , oh no ! What if i'm last ? That would be terrible !

Paulina : Don't worry . After all , if you're the best , the judges will notice . Even if you do go last .

Colette : Right ! I just need a little confidence , that's all .

Nicky : Oh no....

Colette : What , Nicky ?

Nicky : I forget my pen in our class .

Paulina : Oh no , me too .

Colette : Mine too .

Pamela : Mine too .

Violet : Hum...mouselings ? Are you stupid ? We still have our Magical pencil , we can use it for transform and write .

PauliNickPamCol : Oh ! Right !

Dina : I have my own pen....

The Thea Sisters and Dina wrote their names and surnames on a piece of paper . When they were done , they walked over to the big vase and put their bill in it . All the other students also wrote their names and surnames on a piece of paper .

Octavius : One piece of paper per candidate ! Anyone discovered putting their name in more than once will be disqualified !

But some did not follow the rule . Hearing this , Vanilla discreetly writes on other tickets . Alicia came over .

Alicia : What are you doing ?

Vanilla : Sssh ! Do you want them to find out ?

Alicia : But the headmaster said you can't put in your name more than once .

Vanilla : Shut-the-fuck up !

Zoe and Connie came over .

Zoe : What's going on ?

Vanilla : Don't you get it ? We can use this to our advantage .

Alicia : No , i don't get it .

Vanilla : God damned , Fontaine....! I'm not writing our names on the paper . I'm writing down the names of the Thea Sisters ! So they'll be disqualified !

Alicia : Genius !

Zoe : That is some impressive sabotage .

Vanilla : Exactly , then , they will pass for cheaters .

The Vanilla Girls were thus busy writing as many counterfeit tickets as possible .

Vanilla : Now none of the Thea Sisters will get to play Juliet . In fact , none of them will get any part .

When their task was finished , the Vanilla Girls slipped all the tickets into the mud without being seen .