CHAPTER TWO

"NICE PEOPLE DON'T NECESSARILY FALL IN LOVE WITH NICE PEOPLE."
-johnathan franzen

CHAPTER TWOON & OFF

CHAPTER TWO
ON & OFF

Throughout their first and second year, [Y/N] and Oikawa's relationship was on and off, but always very public. The two of them could fight about whatever they pleased as long as it got some eyes on them. In fact, they'd do anything together to get people to take a gander at their daily disruptions.

Both remained under the illusion that the other was in love, and used separation as a means of punishment when something didn't go as they wanted it to go in the relationship. Both of them had always come crawling back, not because they missed each other but because they'd gotten so used to the hole being filled that it then being empty was unbearable.

But even in estrangement, attention still found its way to the both of them. The school saw them almost like the mascot, the perfect couple everyone knew and was jealous of. Everyone knew their status- that included their social and relationship status. On the hierarchy of the school, they were practically placed as untouchable, the king and queen of the school, and yet that was not enough for them.

Sometimes they would have fights just for the sake of attention, if one of them was feeling particularly empty that day there's nothing a loud and rowdy fight couldn't fix. No matter how old the arguments had gotten, people couldn't help but stare; creatures of habit just like Oikawa and [Y/N].

Despite not being infatuated with one another, they were extremely passionate and intimate. It was rare to see them just in close proximity, there was always something else they'd be doing, whether that be aggressively making out or screaming in each other's faces. Their inwardness was a result of their delusions, they gave one another affection just for the sake of receiving it back; as what was thought to be genuine connection worked to fill the void too.

It was rumoured that around the first months of the third year they had sex. It was just a rumour, but no one would put it past them, it was in fact odd that they waited for so long to do it. There had been rumours of it even from the first year, but this time the hearsay seemed much more probable, especially since [Y/N]'s parents had departed on a business trip out of the country shortly before the scandal picked up amongst the school.

There's even an innuendo that Oikawa and [Y/N] gossiped about it first.

Overall, their third year was off to a pleasant start, Iwaizumi wondered how long they could last this time.

The poor guy had to witness everything, as Oikawa's best friend it was hard not to have a front row seat to all their antics. Iwaizumi and [Y/N] weren't very close, she had way too much in common with her boyfriend, and he didn't think he could handle two Oikawas. [Y/N] didn't particularly want to form relationships with his friends, she really couldn't care less for their presence and thought befriending them would mean nothing, considering how her last group abandoned her.