0.

𝐟 𝐨 𝐫 𝐰 𝐚 𝐫 𝐝

( 0- byers' flowers)

Byers' Flowers was by far the prettiest shop on Main street, Hawkins.

not that it much of a competition: with the exception of the arcade, which had the decency to add some bright neon lights, the shops of the small Indiana town were nothing but bleak and boring. It didn't take much to stand out in such a muted street, all-white storefronts and generic, untastefully-loud lettering announcing their many sales and deals.

but even if it hadn't been such an exceptionally dull street, Byers' Flowers would remain a sight to be seen.

it was a quaint, short building, the color of a light creme- none different from the other shops surrounding it. its beauty, its specialty, came from the climbing vines that wrapped its walls. green vines holding a variety of light pastel flowers, from the calm white hydrangea to the pastel garden roses and garden blue thistles. they were overwhelming in their quantity- yet, perfectly spread out in their coloring. they gave the small store a rustic look, like a forgotten cabin in a faraway forest. paired with simple, black letters on one of the windows stating simply Byers' Flowers, this store was something to see.

and people did. the shop was somewhat of an attraction, an overwhelming beauty in the otherwise mundane Hawkins. people were always keen on admiring it from up close, and once they saw the even more stunning front room there was really no choice but to go in.

if you were one of these people, and if for some reason you were just taking a peek through the tainted glass at this random Monday at 7:30 am, well before opening time, you would see a boy standing by one of the walls overflowing with colors and flowers, inspecting them closely.

that boy would be Will Byers, a doe-eyed, brown-haired boy of 16- the sole operator of the semi-successful flower shop. and if you had chosen to stay just a bit longer you would've seen him sigh and step away from the bright wall: and that's where he would step out of your view, and you would probably just go on with your day without thinking about him ever again. and you can do that now, if you stop reading here: consider this your opportunity to step away from the window into Will's life.

you can stop here, leave with the cheerfulness of seeing a truly beautiful sight. because if you continue reading here- and consider this your fair warning- it won't be all pastel flowers and beautiful greenery. it will be roses and thorns, and the thorns will be substantial ones. so if that's not for you- feel free to walk away. the bakery next door is opening in a few minutes, and their fresh donuts won't give you the pain this may inflict on you.

but if you want to experience a truly heartwrenching yet heartwarming love story- you can follow me past the little note hanging on the door handle, that states simply: closed (don't worry about that, I know a guy), and we'll see what Will is reaching for behind the counter on this random- yet fateful- Monday.

☆.。.:*☆.。.:*

𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡  . 𝟓𝟗𝟒  𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬: hey everyone! thanks for choosing to read my story! if you haven't, check out my other stuff and yeah, all i had to say- hope you'll like this:)