2.

𝐌 𝐢 𝐤 𝐞

( 2- orchids )

( 2- orchids )

Mike Wheeler had practically everything.

his family was, as his father always said, comfortable- which just meant they had enough money to go on vacation twice a year and get new clothes or toys any time they desired and eat out at least once a week, but not enough for his dad to stop working completely.

he had a storybook family: two sisters, a stay-at-home mom, and his dad, working the classic 9-to-5. his house was big, but not outrageously so. his grades were good if not great, and he had a group of friends he actually liked.

he was popular yet not too popular: enough to get an invite to a party or two each month, but still unknown enough to be able to spend his afternoons in the arcade with his friends without fear of being ridiculed. he even had a girlfriend: a beautiful, brown-haired girl named Jane, who was way more popular than him and overall just well out of his league.

speaking of Jane, there was one thing Mike didn't have.

he didn't have a clue what was happening.

☆.。.:*

"you're such a... you're... ugh, you are such an idiot, Mike!" Jane screamed, running her hands through her silky hair in obvious exasperation. she was pacing the floor of her room, just as she had been doing for the past... what was it now? had to be at least twenty minutes. Thirty, maybe? felt like forever.

Mike was sitting crossed-legged on her bed, trying very hard not to roll his eyes. she was so prone to screaming banal insults at him for every little thing, it really didn't make much of an impression on him anymore. usually, he would apologize for buying her the wrong size shirt, or not picking her up before school, or whatever it was, kiss her and the matter would be over and done with- but this time, he really didn't think he did anything at all.

the afternoon had started so pleasantly, too; Jane had opened the door wearing that darling pink slip she looked so dazzling in, her beautiful brown hair flawlessly done up and her beautiful eyes smiling at him in that way that reminded him why all the screams and fights were worth it. he had told her how breathtaking she looked, and asked her to choose a restaurant for dinner.

she had chosen the fanciest Italian restaurant in town, very expensive, but Mike was so in awe with her he didn't mind one bit, and he didn't put up a fight when she had asked to borrow his jacket, the cold winter night finally taking its effect on her bare shoulders.

They had a nice meal, and when they got to her house she invited him up, her lips curving into an alluring smile that made him feel very warm indeed.