Chap.9: Battle Preparations

Ash's POV

The next day I woke up earlier than usual. With this time I went over to the pokecenter to get more pokemon from Professor Oak. He happily agreed to transfer my pokemon over and I added Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and Pidgeot to my party.
As I exited I looked at my watch and noticed the time. "Oh shoot it's almost 11:30!!" I thought as I rushed towards the school.

As I passed the dorms, Serena came out to greet me.
"You know Ash, you don't have to do this..." She said with worry in her eyes. To this I said "Serena, I have to. Not only did he severely hurt a Pokemon, he also hit you! I can't let that stand!" Serena just stared at me with a slight tent of red forming on her face.
I saw this and began to worry. "Serena, are you ok? Your face is going red!" I exclaimed with worry.
To this she covered her face with her hair and said "Yeah... I'm ok..." However I could barely hear her because her hair was muffling it.

I looked down and noticed the Pokeball on her belt and was about to ask about it when I realized that we've been talking for 20 minutes!
I raced to the battlefield with Serena in tow.
As we began to approach the battlefield, we noticed Calem in the bleachers. I stood on one side of the battlefield and Calem got up to go to the other side.
As he was walking there he stared at me with hatred and said "You know... If you want to give up now I just MIGHT let you go. Just with a few bruises!" He laughed after saying that.
When he finally got to the other side of the battlefield A crowd noticed that a battle was about to start and rushed over to watch.
"Hey can someone be the ref for the battle?" I hollered as someone walked over to the ref's spot.
Wait... I know him!!
"Wait... BROCK?!?!" I exclaimed. He looked over towards me and smiled as he stated the rules.
"This will be a Six on Six Single Battle between Ash, the Challenger and Calem, the School Champion. When one side's Pokemon are knocked out, the winner will be declared! Any objections?" Brock stated professionally. I shook my head as Calem did the same.
"Battle Start!!"