Swimming Lessons

Hey guys, this is AnimeFan299110 with another chapter of Family Matters. So, as per usual, I do not own Boku no Hero Academia, its characters, or its locations. They are all owned by Kohei Horikoshi, Jump Comics, and Funimation. Now...here is the newest chapter of Family Matters!

                 ----------------

"Meteorologists are absolutely stunned by the intense heat wave hitting Japan today. While it is not unusual for hot weather to come in March, it does raise some questions as to how long this heat will last. City officials in Tokyo are encouraging citizens to find ways to stay cool or avoid going outsi-"

CLICK

"As if someone would be frickin' stupid enough to be outside," Bakugou said through gritted teeth. The rest of Class 1-A nodded in agreement; they could do without this oppressive heat. Classes were tougher to get through with the teachers having to talk over the fans they had set up. The humidity was so bad that the students were required to have mandatory water breaks in order to stay hydrated. They even had their training sessions indoors.

Today, Class 1-A was sitting in the living room of Alliance Heights with five fans blowing at their faces. The fans, however, were not enough to subdue the oppressive humidity that leaked through the windows via sunlight.

"Why did it have to be so hot today?" Mina whined before wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"I feel like a fried egg...and now I'm hungry." Kaminari stated while Jiro pinched the bridge of her nose at her classmate's randomness.

"Let's hope this wouldn't be the same for the summer." Uraraka said before directing her attention to the little girl sitting in front of a fan. "How are you holding up, Eri?" Said girl only responded with a thumbs up.

"Why does she get a fan for herself?" Mineta whined as he splayed himself out on one of the armrests. "Some of us are dying here, and she's not even breaking a sweat."

"Well, Mineta," Iida began, "children are less able to regulate their body temperature compared with adults. Therefore, not keeping a child cool could lead to dehydration and other heat-related illnesses."

"And unlike you, she's not expendable!" Bakugou snapped, causing the class pervert to flinch.

It was at that moment that Iida's phone rang. He stood up and entered the other room before answering it. A few minutes later, he returned with a content smile on his face. "I have good news," he said, getting the class' attention, "Mr. Aizawa has informed us that we are allowed to use the school pool for the day in order to stay cool."

"WOOO!" The rest of Class 1-A cheered with excitement. Most of them immediately ran upstairs to get towels and sunscreen, leaving Uraraka, Midoriya, and a confused Eri in the living room.

"What do you say, Eri?" Midoriya asked. "Want to swim in the pool?"

"Swim?" Eri asked curiously.

Midoriya and Uraraka looked at each other. They had forgotten that she might not have been taught how to swim before she was kept prisoner by Overhaul. Then again, it could be the perfect opportunity to teach her.

"It's basically playing around in a large bathtub, sweetie," Ochako explained, "and it'll help keep you cool."

"Really?" Eri asked, her eyes and mouth widening with excitement. "Okay!" She shouted as she raced upstairs to get ready.

                             -------------------------------

After a quick dash to the main campus, the boys and girls went to their respective locker rooms to get changed. Once they were all set, the boys stepped out and waited for the girls to come. When they arrived, Kaminari was still disappointed that they wore the knee-length swimsuits, though Mineta still gave a perverted thumbs-up upon seeing them.