SIXTY

The Bite

"Where are we going?" Erica yelled at Dustin as they all ran through the back corridors of the mall

"Just trust me."

They snuck through one of the doors leading to the cinema and Dustin lead them all into a random screening. Cat frowned in disgust as Steve pulled a box of popcorn from the trash. "Ew, babe." She pulled the box out of his hands, shovelling a small handful in her mouth before discarding the rest on the floor. Dustin lead them through another set of doors and she couldn't help but stare in wonder at the movie playing on the screen. Steve had to drag her along behind him so she wouldn't get left behind.

"You two, sit." Dustin whispered harshly to Steve and Robin. The two sat down, Steve pulling Catherine onto his lap. Immediately, she wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning her head on his chest.

"No, no, no! These seats are two close!" Robin complained.

"Dude, these seats blow." Steve hissed.

"I like them." Cat smiled, curling her feet up on Steve's lap.

"Then don't watch the movie." Dustin hissed.

"We wanna watch it."

"Then watch it!" The guy sat behind them 'shhed' them and Robin 'shhed' him back. Cat lifted her middle finger at the guy and mumbled something about telling him to fuck off. "Whatever you do, don't... go... anywhere." Dustin instructed them.

"Fine, Dad." Steve whispered sarcastically. Robin snickered. Catherine focused all her attention back on the movie, she was absolutely captivated, as Dustin and Erica made their way to the other end of the row.

"Okay, it's official." Dustin sighed as the two younger kids took their seats. "I'm never having kids."

"What are we doing here?" Erica asked him, confused by the plan.

"We're laying low. Cooling off. Like Oswald."

"Oswald was found in a theatre and shot to death." Erica reminded him.

"A week later." Dustin pointed out.

"The point it, his plan didn't work."

"Only because it was a setup."

"What?"

"He was just a patsy."

"Tell me you're joking." The woman in the row behind them hissed at them to be quiet. The two 'shhed' her before going back to their conversation.

"We need to get outta here."

"All right, you watch Tweedledee and Tweedledum and Cheshire." Dustin instructed, looking over at the three drugged teens. "Make sure they don't go anywhere. Or that Kit does anything stupid."