Prologue

Lyrical Feels: Video by India.Arie

Since I could remember I have always been the type of girl who wears no makeup, wears glasses, who loves to live basically in their pajamas and prefers to stay home and read rather than go out like any normal young adult should. It probably sounds like a very boring life but I love it. I may not have many friends but I do have a few who I would give my life for and my family is everything to me. They are my rock and my siblings are a pain in my butt but I wouldn't have it any other way because we love each other enough to overlook our differences and at the end of the day we have each other's back. All three of us have different personalities. My youngest brother, Jason, loves to joke around with everyone and always says what's on his mind with no filter. Which is a good thing but sometimes that has gotten him into trouble.

Matthew, the middle child, is very similar to Jason but takes things a little more serious. He's the kind of guy you can talk to about anything and he will listen no matter what subject it is. Once I remember him asking me why I was being so moody for no reason. At first I was getting really annoyed at him for even asking me but the way he asked made me rethink because it was with an earnest interest. I broke down and told him I was on my period, my first one ever. I know this is not the type of things one tells anyone let alone their brother but Matt is different from any other obnoxious brothers. He simply said he hoped I felt better and if I needed anything he was there for me. Although my moodiness didn't go away, I felt better just talking about it.

Both of my brothers are really different yet one thing they have in common they are very protective of our family and me, since I am the only girl. With everything said you would think I'm the baby of the family. Well I'm not, I am the oldest which is a curse and a blessing sometimes. To a certain extent I can be a lot more naive in somethings than Jason and Matt.

According to them, one of those things are men. I live with three of them at home, including my dad, but yet to understand the signs of how I know whether or not they are interested in me or how to act around one if he is. It sounds silly but it's true. For the past twenty-four years, I have never really fallen in love with anyone and I was fine with that, I truly was. I didn't need too because I had enough fictional boyfriends and husbands to last me several lifetimes. I mean no one could love me better than them. Right? These men would never crush your heart nor say things to you that question their love and loyalty. They may not be real but at least they would not break you, well unless he died in a book. That's why for me that way worked. It wasn't complicated. Although I was a hopeless romantic to the core I knew it would never happen to me in real life. That's why I lived vicariously thru my books. I was used to my routine of waking up, working, spending time with my family and friends, reading, sleeping and repeat. By no means was I anti-social, well at least not all the time, but I was comfortable. I was shy but once you started to get to know me you couldn't shut me up. Little did I know my perfectly constructed world was about to be shattered.