『 CHAPT. 1 』

© 𝐞𝐱𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

❝ the beginning. ❞

Taymor sat in his doctors office, reviewing a few papers from previous patients. Today had went by slow for him— yet, it was calm. The small town he lived in rarely had problems anyways, so it was normal to him. Suddenly, Nick entered the room, a look of hope evident in his eyes. " Um- Dr. McIntyre, my aunt's in town," Nick started, his hands crossing behind his back as he came up with a quick lie in his head. Taymor kept his gaze on the papers he was currently signing his signature onto. " And she's sick too." He continued, faking up a slight frown. Tay let off a small huff, slightly shaking his head.

" I'm gonna need you to stay late tonight," Taymor muttered, placing a few papers into a vanilla folder before he adverted his gaze up to the younger male in front of him. He could see all the hope in his eyes instantly drain away, making a slight attempt to disagree. " So, you should text your aunt Ben? And tell him that you can't make it the football game today." A small smile made its way to Taymor's face as he watched the younger male with amusement.

" I- how did you..?" Nicholas questioned, instantly becoming flustered. Taymor had already overheard the boy on the phone with his " boyfriend " about attending the game today. " Look, me and Ben were not going to—" Taymor cut the boy off with a small laugh, shaking his head with amusement.

" Oh come on Nick! It's the worst kept secret in the out here," Taymor laughed, watching as Nick's shocked expression turned into one of relief. " Now that's saying a lot. Go ahead, get outta here. Go have some fun." Tay stated, finality in his voice with a sincere smile as he handed the boy a few folders to put away before he left. Nick smiled, nodding his head.

" Thanks, Dr. McIntyre." Nicholas chirped before he left the room. Taymor shook his head, thinking back to when he had first met Kentrell— he was almost exactly the same way. Only thing was, the man was a few years older. The boy let out a small sigh before he stood up from his desk chair, placing a few things where they needed to be before he was on his way out as well.

Kentrell on the other hand, was already making his way to the game— perched inside his police car, studying his surroundings. Soon, the man got out, beginning his way to the food court. " Ion care what the calendar say," Kentrell mumbled to himself, pulling his wallet from his pocket. " Openin' day, that's the first day of spring." the man laughed, watching as the principal of the school approached him.

" No, no. Sheriff gets his drink for free," the short white man said, watching as the teenage girl nodded before handing the man his drink. Kentrell thanked the man, taking a sip from the small plastic cup as he began to advert his gaze around the whole field. Teenage boys and girls running from stand to stand— calling at each other. Kentrell then began his way towards the gate of the field, looking over at his partner Joe. The two men watched the game ahead of them, yelling out every time their home team made a score. " Yea, Ben!" Kentrell yelled out, watching as the boy ran quickly to the end of the field— scoring a touchdown. The crowd roared behind him and the man smiled to himself.

Joseph scanned his eyes around the large field— his gaze instantly landing on the man who was just suddenly walking into the middle of the game. Joe tapped Kentrell, catching his attention before he pointed towards the man who continued to walk deeper in the field, becoming more visible. Kentrell rolled his eyes— seeing it was the town drunk, Dexter. " Aw shit," the man muttered to himself, watching as the football players stopped in their tracks— the man eventually stopping in the middle of the field. Kentrell ran into a opening of the gate, hearing the crowd behind him grown quiet. Said man ran out to the field, spotting a large shot gun in Dexter's hand, watching as the young boys all ran off the field in fear of what the man might do.

" Aye, aye, Dex!" Kentrell called out, approaching the man with his hands up in the air as slight surrender. " We got a game goin' right na, you gone come out here with a gun?" the man asked, his face scrunched out. " The fuck you got goin?" he continued, stopping in his tracks just a few feet away from the man in front of him. Dexter looked down at the gun his hands, not saying a word to the man. " Shit, Dexter. You drunk, that's all." Kentrell stated, looking back at the crowd before his attention landed back onto Dex. Kentrell watched as the man slowly looked up at him, watching the as blood dripped from his nose— his skin more on the scaly side. The man ignored that completely, wanting this moment to be over.

" Cmon, Dex. Lay the gun down," Ken said calmly, finality evident in his tone. Dexter just stared at him, not saying a word. Kentrell cocked his head to the side, furrowing his eyebrows. " Dexter, lay the gun down." he stated once again, his voice more dominant and his tone raised. Dexter cocked his head to the side, as if taunting Kentrell. " Lay it dow—." Kentrell was cut off when Dexter cocked the gun, pointing it towards him— causing him to instantly reach for his hand gun his pocket, hearing a few panicked gasps sound from the crowd behind them. " Woah, woah Dex. Lay, the, gun, down." the man said slowly, holding out his free hand as if to calm down the man in front of him.

Joseph stood on the far side of the field, his gun in hand ready make a move if Dexter got the wrong idea. Dexter stared at Kentrell skeptically, before he suddenly raised up his gun— Kentrell quickly doing the same before a shot rang off in the field, screams coming from the crowd behind them.

❝ CRAZIES

❝ CRAZIES. ❞
© 𝐞𝐱𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎