Chapter 20

the letter

~

It's been a couple of weeks since you and Yoongi turned y'alls relationship official and you couldn't be any happier. Taehyung ad Jimin also announced their relationship[p[ official even though Jimin hasn't come out to yalls mom yet even knowing himself that she would support him but you didn't bother im about it as it was his choice. 

The rest of the year so far Myung had not bothered the pair but instead became a newly born player of the year which you didn't bother too much with as long as he didn't try and turn his relationship toxic which he hasn't done yet

"Y/n may I see you in my office?" Your coach asked right before the bell rang with a serious look plastered on his face making before hearing inside his office you suddenly feel nervous as he rarely did one on one talks. You turned to Yoongi and gave him a soft smile before telling his to head to his next class as you didn't know how long this conversation would take. 

"You wanted to see me?" you asked once you entered his office. You tried not to show how worried you had seemed but you started to fiddle with your thumbs but the coach thankfully hadn't noticed. 

"I wanted to give you this" he simply stated still holding his serious blank look handing me a simple looking letter. You gave him a confused glance as you took the letter. He saw how confused you had seemed and simply ordered "Just read it"

"Okay, uh thanks" you said with a small smile still obviously confused he gave you a warm smile comforting you a bit that it wasn't anything bad. Right before you were about to leave unsure if that was all asked "Was that all?"

"Yeah, you may head out now" he turned back to his work as you headed back out getting your backpack that laid on the stands before walking out the gym and saw Yoongi leaning comfortably against the wall waiting for you. 

"What's that?" He asked referring to the letter that was still gripped on your hand. He stood straight waiting for an answer. 

"I don't know, he just gave it to me" you shrugged and place the letter in your backpack before you two walked to your first period. 

~

Jimin had texted you that he went to Taehyung house meaning that you were going to drive home alone which slightly upset you but excited you that they could finally have some alone time. Before you drove off back home you searched your backpack and pulled out the letter that was given to you from that morning. 

You scanned through the letter in hurry and gasped as you saw the first sentence. The letter stated that your dream college (which you got accepted but couldn't afford) gave you a basketball scholarship. You started to tear up in joy and happiness while holding the letter in your hands that held you future meaning so much to you

Then one person came to mind.

Yoongi.

You couldn't just leave him. You cared too much to leave him. 

What are you going to do?

~

"You wanted to see me?" Yoongi asked worriedly as if you two hung out it would usually be at his house. 

"Yeah" you stepped outside and walked towards the wooden bench and sitting down grabbing the basketball setting it comfortably down your lap. Yoongi sat next to you and seemed to get worried as you hadn't said anything but one single word since he had arrived but focused on thee ground instead. 

"Is something wrong?" He asked grabbing your hand wanting to get attention. You turned to him and couldn't help but tear up

"I got a scholarship to the college I told you about" you said quietly looking down worriedly expecting a bad reaction. 

"That's great!" He exclaimed surprising you. You looked up at him seeing his genuine proud smile. 

"But it's like 100 miles away" you informed pouting slightly at the thought. "Meaning I'll rarely see you"

"And that's fine" he stated he grabbed your chin softly forcing you to look straight at him. "If you're achieving your dream, I don't have to be there the ride there"

You stayed quiet not knowing what to reply to but apparently he did. 

"I love you y/n" he stated for the first time as it shocked you. 

"I love you too" not hesitating to reply back. "Are you really okay with this?"

"I'm okay with it, I promise"

~

okay but😔