Chapter 7

Brianna POV

It's the first day of a new school year. School was shut down early last year because of the rona. We are all doing great.

Ya girl is officially in 8th grade. Jabari is in 8th with me. Kali is in 6th. Amai is in 7th. Dakarai is a Jr. Kasim is a freshman. Jamilla and Zion are now Sophomores. Amai has broken out of her shell a lot. We all have an unbreakable bond. We fight for each other. Ain't nobody gone ever break this bond.

Our dad is currently dating this lady. None of us like her. Tbh I don't really even think he like her like that. She not that cute. She just got a fat ass.

Dad just woke us up for school. I went in my bathroom and did all my normal morning hygiene before showering.

When I came out the shower, I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I laid down my edges and then got dressed.

I grabbed my phone, backpack, and charger before I headed downstairs

I grabbed my phone, backpack, and charger before I headed downstairs. I was about to go in the living room when I seen that girl was here. Why is she always around? I went to that kitchen where all my siblings were.

Me: Goodmorning y'all.

Everyone said morning and then I went and got down a bowl to make some cereal. I was bout to make a bowl when ole girl walked in the kitchen. I'm not even hungry no more. Just the sight of her make me lose my appetite.

I walked back over to the island and sat down in between Amai and Kasim.

Amai leaned over and whispered to me.

Amai: Why is she always here?

Me: I don't know. Like don't she got a home?

Kasim: I wish she go to it.

I laughed. She really do need to go to her own house.

Dad came in the kitchen.

Dad: Y'all ready to go?

We all got up and started heading out the door.

I'm actually ready for school today.

We got in dads truck and he drove off in the direction of school.

He pulled up.

Dad: Alright y'all. Have a good day. Behave y'all selves and I'll see y'all later on. I love y'all.

"Love you pops.", said Dakarai.

"Love you dad."

We all said I love you as we got out the car. We went in together to get our schedules.

We were all waiting in the same line since we have the same last name.

I was laughing and joking around with Amai and Jabari when I saw Xavian. I haven't seen him since this party in July. It was a crazy night. We both made some grown up decisions that night and I haven't heard anything from him since.