11. Transition

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

When we wait for time to pass away; we plan to do things to make us feel good, time tends to make us feel as if it is sluggish.

Ragini, Laksh and Swara were pushing themselves forward through the same. Ragini flinched every time she was called as Laksh's wife. Laksh tried a lot to mend his relation with Ragini; for a normal friendship which she paid no heed to. He wanted it but could neither force her nor be selfish again.

Festivals during the initial year of marriage was supposed to being a jittery feeling combined with bliss to Ragini. She had always had a peaceful smile when she saw new couples celebrating festivals together. And, it used to make her dream about being happily blushing with her future husband while everyone teased and cooed them.

But, she felt nothing. 

Holi came with bursting colors in everyone's life but, maybe for the first time, Ragini felt holi colorless. Her first holi as a suhaagan was imprinted on her heart as an eternal pain.

But amidst all these, she is happy that her sister stayed with her always, during the celebration, dancing with her; drenching her in colors by the end of the day. Swara was determined to be beside Ragini and their Sanky was there with them. The duo tried to act as stabilisers for Ragini and Laksh.

•~•×✿ו~•

Days passed by with the golden rays of sun waking everyone up, chirping of birds bringing in the serenity of mornings, thoughts storming in and out of minds, laughing and giggling with the family, glaring at bugging beings and silver rays of moon and cool breeze lulling everyone to sleep.

Ragini felt herself drowning in the affection Maheswaris showered on her. She wasn't the daughter-in-law but the daughter of the home. Laksh being sweet with her was something she least wanted.

(Female version)

Maana ke hum yaar nahin

Lo tay hai ke pyaar nahin

Morning aarti at the Maheswaris was something Ragini always did tirelessly. When she closes her eyes and chants several religious verses, all worries seems as a blur in her life. She loved to be fragile before her kanhaji but not before Laksh, who always used to be behind her with a smile which she reciprocated faintly. 

Phir bhi nazrein na tum milaana

Dil ka aitbaar nahi

Maana ke hum yaar nahi...

As the sky poured out, Uttara snuggled close to her with her coffee, as she continued speak animatedly to Ragini explaining her day. She pouted and threw her hands in irritation seeing her favorite bhabhi tried hard to stifle her bubbling laughter. Uttara scoffed and stood up to leave, puffing up her cheeks, making Ragini trail behind her mumbling 'sorrys'.  

Laksh playfully blocked Ragini's path and forwarded his hands for a compromise making her roll her eyes at him. All Laksh could do was to heave sigh on his defeat. The lady before him was stubborn on her decision; her right decision. But Ragini had a smile; at least Laksh will be a well wisher for her. His antics were indeed sweet nowadays – but she couldn't keep aside every and shake hands with him.

Raaste mein jo milo toh

Haath milaane ruk jaana

Ho...

Another routine she was cooking with the Maheswari ladies. They treated her so preciously. Adding to her delight, Sanskar would give her company, sitting on the kitchen slab, munching on something, mostly carrot and cracking jokes which always lightened atmosphere. Laksh always feel light seeing Ragini smiling and playful along with Sanskar.