17. AFTER TWO MONTHS

The Maheswari Mansion aroused to witness another beautiful dawn listening to the soulful voices of Swaragini. A smile sprouted on Sanskar's face as the sun rays peeped through the window to wake him up along with the music. It has been two months from RagSan marriage. The life at Maheswari Mansion as well as Badi experienced a remarkable peacefulness these days. Days started with the morning puja and ended with dinner where the whole family ate together.

The romance of younger couple was evident as air, new couple continued to be in their 'best friends' tag while the 'matured' couple remained as it was. In short, everyday turned out to be blissful in their life.

"Do bring the book for me. Please Sanskar." It has been two days since Ragini asked Sanskar to get the books home which her friend handed over to him at his office.

"Okay." Sanskar sighed; he's going to forget again for sure. "Yaar, remind me about it around six in the evening. I'll probably forget it." He said scratching his head.

"Do you have lice in your head?"

Sanskar twitched his lips on her sudden question. "What made you ask that?"

"You always scratch your head like a monkey. So..." Ragini grinned on the change of his expressions.

"How will I have lice? My seniors used to say the only chance of having lice in a man's head is after marriage. You know... In my condition, even after that..." Sanskar slowly shortened his reasoning on realizing what he was blurting out.

"Do you mean that I'm unhygienic? How can you think that I have lice in my head?" Ragini narrowed her eyes keeping her hands on her hips.

Sanskar heaved a sigh as Ragini failed to catch the angle in which he said. "No. Actually..."

"Err.. How's your back pain?" She asked with concern cutting his words on seeing him holding his back in between.

"It's better now. Will be alright by evening." Sanskar blinked his eyes.

"What else do you expect? Coiling yourself in that couch will result in this only. Even then, don't leave your adamancy."

"Ragz..." Sanskar whined and pulled her cheeks. "It's time for office. You can lecture me after dinner."

Ragini bid adieu to everyone for office. The ladies have gone to the temple in morning; she couldn't.

On entering 'their' room, a smile crept over her face. The smell of Jasmine! She looked over; a jasmine scented candle was kept lighten on the table. 'Of course; Sanskar!' She thought. With these days, he knows how to make her feel good when she gets extra-moody.

The post-marriage rituals were conducted on that day itself making Ragini tired. After the strenuous day, she was made sit on, from now onwards, 'their' bed. Her heart was pounding on as if it would pull apart her skin and appear before her eyes asking her the reason of its torture. 'It's Sanskar.' She convinced herself and looked around to lessen her unwanted tension. The whole room was serene; lighten up by jasmine scented candles and some flowers while fairy lights lightened the balcony. Swara and Parineeti had made sure that nothing goes awkward between the couples in their 'first night'. A sudden tranquility rushed into her as the jasmine scent began to lull her.

Sanskar's condition was no less. He thought of not going inside 'his turned their' room to give space to his Ragz.

"I can't make her uncomfortable." Sanky bit his nails while talking to Laksh and Adarsh. The brother duo had accepted defeat in enlightening their newly-married brother. Arrival of dulha's bhabhis finally made a positive conclusion to the unwanted worry.