𝐈𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞

Jake's POV

His ears were ringing.

"Amy Santiago, Jake Peralta, you're under arrest."

Jake felt how his heart rate acelerated, and his breathing became fast. Amy looked at him with concern, but for some reason he didn't feel like looking back at her. He could barely understand what was happening, he didn't need Amy spreading her worries around. 

Inside his head there was a word that wouldn't stop appearing. A name, actually. Wells. That son of a bitch.

"This is not what it looks like," said Amy, putting her hands behind her head, and getting on her knees as the man indicated them. Jake did it as well, but he didn't talk. "It was him," Amy pointed at Teddy, who was still losing blood on the floor. It was gross, but he did look pitiful. "It was him who kidnaped Jake and then tried to kidnap me! Only he didn't tie my hands and I was trying to escape and get Jake with me!"

"We'll see that at the court," said another man. Jake actually knew him, those cops where from the 95th precicnt. The one that had stepped forward was named Meyer. "Go check what's behind that door," he ordered another man, Adams.

"God, here's the body," yelled Adams. 

Sophia, thought Jake. Maybe it wasn't her, but who else could it be? Unless Teddy had killed somebody else in the time Jake was unconscious. 

A woman, Byers, cuffed Amy, while Meyers took care of Jake. He was speechless. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't go to prison, he had been kidnaped and then framed! Did those cops even know that Jake had been missing? 

"Take these two to the precinct," said Meyers, pushing Jake in another's officer direction. He was a detective himself, and his conditions were terrible, they didn't have to be so rough.

"Come on, my partner is injured!" shouted Amy, as Byers walked her off the basement. 

"She's right," said the officer that was leading Jake out of the house. Jake winced as soon as he got out of the basement from the effort of going upstairs. "What did you do?"

"That man had me starving!" finally talked Jake, furious. It was incredible how those detectives couldn't notice it. "I was kidnaped by him! He brought Amy today and she tried to free me! You can ask the 99th precinct!"

Byers and the officer that was holding Jake exchanged looks.

"We'll take you to our precinct, you can make a call there," decided Byers. "We're gonna have to interrogate you and interrogate your squad. And detective Wells too."

"He was the kidnaper," said Amy, incredulous. 

"It didn't look like it," replied the other officer. "Also, we found a body in the back, and you're the only one that wasn't hurt."

"Because I was faster," said Amy. "Wells tried to tie me but he let me free," her eyes widened, as her shoulders lowered. "It was his plan, wasn't it? He knew it would happen this way. Did he call you?"

Byers didn't answer, Amy just rolled her eyes. 

They put Jake and Amy inside a patrol. They didn't look at each other, just at the floor. Were they going to jail?

Rosa's POV

Gina was still crying in her shoulder. Rosa had just arrived to her apartment, and she had never seen her so sad. She didn't blame her. Gina once said that her friendship with Jake was 'little boy holding little girl's hand', and Rosa knew it was true.