Chapter 1: Rising the Heat in Multiple Fashions

{Please read the last bit for good info in our scenario. It's chill if you don't. Enjoy!}
(Word Count: 1289)

Current Location: Crimson Tower

After watching that brown skinned... idiot, should I say? Yeah, let's go with that. So, after watching that idiot attempt to dash up the tower to get the battle to have a dramatic entrance, it made me think. Guess we gotta follow him now. As I pass a conveyor (again, for like the 3rd or so time), I aimlessly looked at the now fixed wall.

"I kinda miss when he did the Kool Aid Man thing, y'know?"
"Weren't the only one? Yeah. I miss that as well."
"Good thing there's no social media around here, or he'd be a meme by now... a big one."
"Are we climbing this tower or what?"
"Alright... stubborn rustbucket."

After that conversation with Huey, I was going to keep going when a strange image of the future was coloured into my head. A fort? There's a guy on a ship, and the same Paratroopa I've been seeing. I'm there too, with Morton and another guy, long green hair. What's his deal?

"Listen! I literally have the high ground here. There's no proof I'm doing harm!"
"Shut it. This'll show ya."

He, the guy on the ship, fired something at me, then the Paratroopa glides in front of the projectile without hesitation.

"I wouldn't worry... I'll just be a regular Troopa after this blow. I'll manage."

After it made contact with him, my vision ended. The heck was it? Eh, let's roll. Or climb. Whatever must be said.

<At the top of the tower>

"Why were they saying stuff like 'He probably got brain damage in paper jam'? My speech has always been like this!"

Morton was waiting at the summit of the tower, thinking about random stuff from passing Paratroopas had told him. All the conversations overheard was enough to knock even the most dedicated person off course. Let's say that happened to him. First the skin tone, now the voice... that doesn't matter now. This first fight? It would be worth his effort.

<Halfway down..>

OK, so as I've got up the tower, there actually hasn't been many enemies. Wonder why that is. But I really wanted to learn what this Pedestal card was for. As I think, a small hand taps me.

"Hey... remember me?"
"Oh, you. Doing alright?"
"Yep! Sorry about the whole 'Pedestal is at Cherry Lake but it isn't' situation."
"I wouldn't sweat. Wanna get up the toes with me?"
"Y-Yeah! I'm up for it."

Like that, the Paratroopa, who revealed themselves as Perry, was helping me out here. Anyway, time for a fight.

<Top of Tower>

I step inside the familiar top room, with the star eyed Koopa watching.

"Made it? Not surprised. Let's just fight this crud out like men! I suppose."

Like that, the fight was on. I decided to go all out from the beginning, engulfing Morton in fire. He wasn't bothered, obviously. Even after a rapid rally of jumps, he remained unfazed.

"If you don't want to end like that, get me the goddam pedestal."
"Sir... it broke the last time you fought this guy."
"Guess I gotta turn up the heat now... literally."

Like that, he pulled a hammer from who knows where and it was set alight, it's flames scorching me. Then I recalled... the card! I rapidly painted it, and held it upward. The painted pedestal shot behind my enemy.

"That's kinda impressive... hey. If you can hit me onto there with a Hammer smack, I'll join ya! Sound good?"
"Bring it, starface!"

Like that, I let loose with my signature paint restoring weapon, knocking my target back, and right onto the pedestal.

"Well, promise is, well, a promise. You've got a ally with you now!"
"Right. 1 down, 5 to go. Where next?"
"The Golden Coliseum, to inform ya!"

It was Perry, nobody else. Knowing him, he'd probably tell me a good way to the coliseum.

"Anyway... you need a pass to get in the Coliseum to begin, with, and our card is up Daffodil Peak! I'm sure this time."
"And where do we find said pass?"
"Over at Mustard Cafe! Let's hightail there first."
"He can rant on, huh..."
"Don't say. Let's go."

Crimson Tower > Mustard Cafe

Not long after our departure, we arrived to the cafe, a cliff side one no less. A cloaked individual stands behind the counter.

"Hey. Ordering, or searching for a pass?"
"Pass, thanks."

He points to a orange pipe.

"Down there... just find Siebold. He's way different then those around him. He's easy to find."
"I'll run to the Peak and get the card. You try getting the passes. Maybe two in case the owner is a picky idiot."
"Good call, starface. Just expect me to call ya that for now on!"

As he leaves, I slip down the pipe, to immediately be greeted by a Goomba with a British accent.

"Ey. You lookin' for a pass? I got a truckload. How many ya need?"
"Er, two. Thanks. Are you Siebold?"
"Yup. Nobody else. Just here."

He signals one of his other companions, with four passes on him. He walks over to me.

"Aight' kid. You need them both Fighter, both Spectator, or one and the other?"
"Hm.... both Fighter."
"Gotcha. 500 coins."

I hand the cash, and exit the pipe and begun leaving, passes in hand. I see a brown figure running headfirst to me.

"One card! No clue what it is."

It's a unpainted Shield card. Why'd I need that? Anyway, time to set off to find whoever runs this Coliseum.

Mustard Cafe > Golden Coliseum

As we approach, Perry gives me a nervous look.

"I don't have a pass... so I'll have to wait here. Do good though!"

Then, I step to the entrance counter, where a Shy Guy waits.

"Hey! Passes. Both of ya."

I hand them over and he quickly inspects them.

"Right! We're given gladiator names for these, so I don't care about your actual names. Red guy is Goldents, and brown guy is Starface! Get in there!"
"Even for this? Goddamit..."

<15 minutes later>

As we were waiting, a almost crazed voice blasted through a speaker unlike the nervous one before it.

"Hey! Get Goldents and Starface up here! They've got a match with me, I- er, Invertio!"

Thinking that's a stupid name, we head up, seeing a green haired and slender Koopa waiting in a Chomp towed chariot.

"Yeesh, what took ya so long?! Never mind, your match with Invertio is ON!"

Like that, the ground rose below us. That would help in a few moments, even though it'd be a short battle. A random bone landed in the arena, and a giant almost cardboard Chomp was descending at a rapid rate.

"OK, there's a incident here! Everyone, get out!"

Everyone leaves, but Invertio and I.

"Nah! We're finishing this, whether we get drained of color or not!"

Then the raised ground sparked a plan. I coloured and activated the Shield card, grabbed it, and practically surfed downhill on it, grabbing my enemy and riding out of there.

"Jesus... hold up, I would've DIED from that!See, coliseums are action packed! You just got yourself a travel ally right here! Just keep calling me Invertio. I kinda like it now!"

Right! Another ally, and really quickly after Starface too! We all turned to Perry.

"Next is Fort Cobalt! And our card, Dark Bloo Inn! Let's roll!"
"Aw.. that place freaks me out."

With Invertio's, well, comment, we set off. Maybe this guy is the one from my vision? We'll see.

Chapter 1: End

Coming Soon: Chapter 2: A Aquatic Trial