iii.

| | journal one, pg.3 | |

September 30, 2013

Madaya walks to the front of the school with the group once school ends. Her and Jeneva already had changed into their workout clothes and were waiting around for volleyball practice to start.

"You know, I can't stand these kids." Jeneva huffs as Madaya and her walk up to the boys, tossing her hair in a ponytail when Madaya handed her a scrunchie.

"What did they do now?" Tyree asks in amusement at the girl's annoyed face.

"Did you not see her bump into me without apologizing?"

Jeneva says, Tyree looks behind her to see the back of the girl who she pointed at. "I bet you did it out of spite since she has a crush on your ass." She accusingly points a finger at the light skinned boy.

Tyree laughs. "Why you making it seem like I told her to do it?"

"I'm not. But control your fishes- I meant fans." Jeneva sarcastically smiles then drops it as she tightens her ponytail.

Madaya shakes her head while Damien laughs at her comment.

"I can't control them, Jeneva. They're just upset that you're the only girl I pay attention to," Tyree flirts, Jeneva rolls her eyes and shoves his arm off her shoulders.

"Couldn't last the last two hours, huh?" Madaya asks the boy as Jeneva moves to her side to get away from him.

"Not until she gives me a chance." Tyree gives a bright smile, showing his pearly whites and dimples.

Jeneva narrows her eyes at him before looking him up and down. "I'll pass."

"Here we go..." Madaya mumbles to Damien as Tyree and Jeneva starts their usual argument about dating for the billionth time.

"Neva, when are you gonna give me a chance, baby." Tyree says, Jeneva scrunches her face from the pet name.

"How about never?"

Madaya mouths the familiar words to Damien who snickers as they stand behind the arguing pair who were now face to face.

"I don't understand why you won't give into the idea of dating me." Madaya holds her laugh at Damien exaggerating the words with more actions.

"You're not me type. Makari is."

Tyree kisses his teeth. "And Makari doesn't want you."

"Oh, like how I don't want you?" Jeneva doesn't miss a beat.

Madaya and Damien lean their shoulders together and suck in a breath behind their fist. "Damn."

"You want me you just can't admit it." Tyree crosses his arms with a smirk.

Jeneva copies his actions as she tilts her head up at him. "Nope. I see you as my brother."

Tyree scoffs at the bullshit lie. "You see Damien as your brother not me." Him and Jeneva turns to look at said boy and Madaya. "What are y'all doing?"

The two pause when they realize they caught them.

Madaya slowly unfolds her arms while Damien scratches the back of his neck with a sheepish smile.

"Nothin. Come on, y'all have the same argument almost everyday." Damien starts, Madaya nods in agreement.

"Put us out of our misery and date already, Neva." Madaya finishes and said girl kiss her teeth.

"When pigs fucking fly." Jeneva bluntly states.

"Ya know you gonna give in one day." Damien tells her with humor in his voice.