Part 1: It's All in the Details

Hi guys!! Welcome to my villain Deku fic! I wanna get a couple things out of the way before we begin:

1) If you didn't read the description, I'm just gonna let you know that there are two ships involving Midoriya in this story. Only one of these ships will actually survive until the end but for the sake of not spoiling it, I have not labeled this story with one pairing in particular. Keep in mind that this isn't a Todobakudeku fic. Also pls don't start ship wars in the comments.

2) There is a fair amount of cursing in this. The first chapter especially is somewhat heavy on it but the rest of them are cleaner. Just letting ya know :)

3) I am writing two fics at the moment (this and Crush Culture- a Tododeku fic). Updates may be slow and/or irregular. My goal is at the very least one chapter every two weeks. 

Alright! Let's get started. 

*****WARNING: This chapter includes a panic attack, and a brief description/ mention of self-inflicted injuries. If that's a trigger for you then please don't read. Stay safe, guys <3

----- 

Third Person POV

The air was chilly as Midoriya pulled his scarf further up his face. The short part of his undercut was exposed and offered no protection for his ears which had turned bright pink. His black leather gloves, while they looked badass, did little to keep his hands warm. Thankfully, he was a couple of feet from his front door.

"Look who's back," Shigaraki commented as he walked through the door. Deku scowled and ripped his scarf and gloves off, messily throwing them a few feet away from the coat rack. "Pick those up, asshole. This isn't a pigsty."

The green-haired boy walked back and-with exaggerated precision-picked up his clothes and placed them where they belonged. 

"Good, now that that's taken care of," Shigaraki started. He closed his newspaper and placed it down, the headline clearly showing in big, bold, black lettering: "11 Pro Heroes Killed in Deadly Massacre!" The League of Villains was to thank for that. 

"Our hero 'massacre'," he said in air quotes, "while it may have stricken fear into the hearts of civilians, was nowhere near as deadly as we had hoped it would be."

Midoriya ran his fingers through his hair to slick it back but it fell right back into his face. He wasn't in the mood for another of Shigaraki's lectures. They usually went along the lines of 'you need to control that fucking quirk of yours or else we'll kick you out on your ass' and that sort of shit. Even though his quirk was powerful, he was not indispensable. He'd have to comply or run the risk of becoming homeless. Another lecture it is. 

"So I have a new target for you," Shigaraki said. Midoriya was surprised. He had never been allowed his own target before. He'd gone along on plenty of the league's missions but never a solo operation. 

Shigaraki pulled a thin folder from under a stack of papers on the table. He slid it over to Midoriya who was seated across from him. A slight nod of his head signaled that he could open it up. Midoriya ran the pads of his fingertips along the edge of the pages and scanned the documents. 

There wasn't much inside it. It was a personnel file that the League often did. They stockpiled all the information they could get their hands on of different pro heroes. Midoriya didn't recognize this one, though.

"Shoto Todoroki," Shigaraki stated simply. "The last name may sound familiar. He's the son of Endeavor, the pro hero. You know... the asshole shadow of All Might."

Like a lightbulb being turned on, Midoriya recognized who he was. "He was in the sports festival. Came in second place after Katsuki Bakugo."

Shigaraki nodded. "Yes. We want you to gather information on him and his father. And then we want him dead. He's a threat. You've seen his quirk?"