whatever it takes

my fave pic of joseph and ian :)
description: damon, your boyfriend was killed by a werewolf bite and you being the only witch did whatever you could to bring him back but at what cost?
warnings: sad, mentions of blood

"Fortitudo mea tenebris lucem surgere et dare tibi" you repeated the same mantra over and over with you hand placed over damon's chest. you've been sitting here for hours with absolutely no result, none of your spells seem to be working.

"y/n please just let him go" caroline begs, watching you from the living room. "if there's something i can do, i'm going to do it." you reply wiping tears from your eyes. "y/n he's gone" stefan sighs, placing his hand on your shoulder, you turn around "i'm not giving up on him stefan!" you yell.

you found one of your grams old book and started searching through them, trying to find any sort of dark spell you could possibly find. you stumble upon a page that says 'ad vitam'
"ad vitam?" you mumble to yourself, trying to translate the words.
"bring to life" you shout, causing everyone to turn their heads towards you "i found it! a resurrection spell" you quickly run over to show everyone. quickly stefan tips the book from your hands.

"absolutely not" he begins getting angry "this spell is incredibly dark y/n, it could kill you" he raises his voice, pointing out specific things on the page.
you rip the book out of his hands and walk back over to damon "i'll do whatever it takes"

once you prepare everything it's time to start the spell.

"perdidit enim vitam, quae ad" you chant, taking a blade and slicing you hand, letting the blood pour in the bowl. "stefan, your hand"  stefan sighs and puts out his palm, you run the blade along his and and pour the blood into the bowl "veteres sanant vulnera sanguis novos" you add herbs to the bowl, mix it together and begin placing it on damon's bite.
"tolle ac tenebras" you repeat.

you begin to feel your nose bleed as winds fill the room "tolle ac tenebras!" you shout over and over "y/n stop this is going to kill you!" stefan scream but you ignore him. "tolle ac tenebras!" you yell one final time before collapsing on the floor.

damon's pov:
All of a sudden i feel my eyes open and my lungs fill with air as i gasp and quickly sit up "oh my god" i hear stefan mumble, i smirk "missed me?"  i quickly realize he wasn't talking to me when i look to my left and see
y/n on the floor "oh my god" i quickly get up and pull her into my lap "y/n wake up damnit" i shake her "you don't get to die on me, you're not aloud to die on me" without thinking i bite into my wrist and place it to her lips "cmon drink"

y/n's pov:
i wake up to the taste of metal in my mouth and i open my eyes "damon" i sob, throwing my arms around him "hey baby" he smiles, nuzzling his head into my neck.

i lift my head and get up quickly "what's wrong?" damon asks, getting up "d..did you turn me damon?" he looks at me wide eyed
"y/n i-" before he can finish i cut him off "Haec habuimus" he instantly drops to the ground grabbing his head so i stop. "nope, still got it" i smile "i love you" he laughs "love you too"