Chapter 7

*(PLEASE READ! It'll help clear something up!) Authors Note: Italics are things said in their heads. They can talk to each other one on one or they direct it to all three of them. Most of the time it'll be just Teresa and Y/n talking to each other. But sometimes it'll be a telepathic conversation between all of them.*

Y/n's P.O.V.

I shot up in my hammock, breathing heavy. The first thing I saw was Newt. He was standing next to me, looking at me worriedly. He awkwardly tried to calm me down. My eyes darted around the area.

"You alright Greenie?" He whispered somewhat awkwardly. Everyone was still here . . . It was the middle of the night, and everyone was still here!

   "It was just a dream, Green Bean," Newt said as I calmed down. I felt his hand running up and down by back, trying to comfort me.

"It was so real . . .Everyone was gone and Alby attacked me and I blacked out and..."

"You're okay, Green bean," Newt whispered as he took my hand. "The nightmares are normal."

I hate crying in front of people. It makes me feel weak! It makes me look weak and then people think I am. And that's the last thing I need right now.

   "I woke you up, didn't I?" I asked, looking up to meet his eyes. "I'm sorry, Newt."

"It's alright. It wasn't your fault. We all have nightmares sometimes, especially when we first come up in the box."

"How did I manage to wake you up and not them?" I asked curiously. Everyone else was still asleep. Newt scratched the back of his neck with his left hand before meeting my gaze.

"I heard you calling my name. I originally thought you were awake and needed something. Then you called out a few other names, but I don't think they heard you. You weren't that loud. I'm the closest so I guess I was the only one close enough to hear."

"I'm sorry, again."

Newt let go of my hand and walked back to his hammock a few feet from mine.

"It's alright, I told you it's not your fault. It happens to all of us." He sat down in his hammock and got situated again before looking at me. "Just try to get some sleep, love. Wake me if you need anything, alright? I won't mind."

It took me second to respond when I noticed the little name he had called me.

"Okay." He shut his eyes and began drifting off to sleep.

"Goodnight Y/n," Newt mumbled.

"Goodnight Newt."

I watched again as he drifted to sleep. He's chest, once again, was rising and falling evenly. I slowed down my breathing to the same pace as his, and drifted off.

-

The next morning, I awoke to Newt gently shaking my shoulder.

"Rise and shine, greenie," he said quietly with a smile. I sat up and wiped the sleep from my eyes. After I had fallen back asleep, I didn't have anymore dreams. Good or bad.

I slowly got up out of my hammock and turned to Newt. He motioned to Teresa with his head, "Can you wake her and meet me over at the homestead?"

I nodded and walked over to Teresa's hammock.

I shook her arm and told her it was time to get up. She sat up and jumped out of her hammock. I looked around, making sure people were still here. I saw several people wandering the Glade. I saw many of the boys eating breakfast, and I also saw two people waiting outside of the maze doors.

I could only assume them to be Minho and Thomas. I watched as the walls, very loudly, opened, and the two boys ran inside. I turned to Teresa with a smile.

"Good morning Sunshine," I teased. She giggled and glanced around the area. There were still a few boys sleeping, so we tiptoed out of there as quietly as possible. I led her to the homestead where Newt was waiting. He said a short "good morning" and we went to grab breakfast.

Newt led us to the end of the line and chatted with us until we got to the front. I watched as the boy behind the counter scooped some eggs onto our plates.

"Morning, greenies. I'm Frypan but you can call me Fry," he said.

"Your name suits your job, Fry," I said with a giggle. "I'm assuming that's a story I'll have to hear sometime."

"You are correct," Fry said with a laugh and a nod.

We took our plates and started making our way to an empty table. Teresa led the way. Newt gently grabbed my arm to stop me for a second.

"You alright Greenie?"

I nodded.

"It was just a bad dream," I said with a sigh.

Newt only looked half convinced. But, nevertheless he let go and we sat down. I watched as Newt dug in immediately, while I on the other hand, wasn't very hungry.

"So," Newt said as he swallowed the eggs in his mouth. "Normally we introduce the new greenie to the different jobs and let them try each of them. However, as you may have noticed, things have been a bit hectic lately."

Teresa and I nodded to that.

"I'm going to need one or both of you to stay with Alby today," he finished. I nodded as he went back to his meal.

"What do you say, Teresa? Both of us?" I asked in my head. I was really enjoying this ability of ours. She nodded with a smile and took a bite of her eggs. I took a few small bites of my eggs, but I couldn't finish my food. I felt nauseous.

I pushed my plate towards Newt. He looked at me with confusion.

"You need to eat, green bean," He whispered.

"I already ate some of it."

Just then a boy asked if he could sit next to Teresa. Newt gave a warning glance as if to say 'don't try anything.' The boy glanced at Newt and then back at Teresa. He looked at me and then introduced himself as Finnick (yes, Odair. I picture him a bit younger for now ofc). Teresa allowed him to sit and I watched as they engaged in conversation. Newt leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"You sure you're alright, Y/n? You should eat."

I nodded.

"I'm just a little sick to my stomach. Just take the eggs, Newt," I whispered.

He looked at me and hesitantly took the eggs and shoveled them onto his plate. I gave him a small smile and came back to the conversation being held by my sister and our new friend. He was telling some story about when he first came to the Glade. I tried to listen, but I just felt out of it for some reason. I wanted to go back to my hammock and just lay there.

Newt's P.O.V.

   I can't tell if something's up with the greenie or if that's her normal behavior, but I think something is up. Maybe this is a normal girl thing? I'm trying to show her that she can talk to me or almost anyone else here but what do I know?

She is being extremely quiet and she barely ate. I don't think that's normal for her. I guess I can sum it up to adjusting to the new environment.

After breakfast, I led the girls back to the med hut. I spoke briefly to Clint and Jeff as Y/n and Teresa sat in chairs on opposite sides of Alby's unconscious body. I grabbed a chair and sat it down next to Y/n. I decided to sit with them for a while.

I just sat down into the chair and looked down at one of my best friends. Probably my best friend. The girls' conversation was slowly drowned out as I sat there. Eventually my eyes started to get heavy and I fell asleep