Ch. 1 THE SHOUT OUT

"NO !" I growled . "Get away from ME!" I shouted, almost in a deafening scream . My  shrill voice bounced off the walls of my room, that was once so bright and beautiful  only to be  dim and dull now,  to make shivers run down my spine and whole body upon hearing it . My breathing was heavy and rapid,eyes bloodshot and my legs were shaking as i tried to stand straight and look firm.

Everything is stupefied and meaningless. Nothing makes sense . Not that it ever did ....but now, things seem to be even more messed up. They're lying now , they always lied back then and they'll be  forever lying. Not just them , everyone is , I thought.

I looked everywhere else in the room, avoiding their gazes.Trying to steady my breathing. Somehow i found my messy bed with the light grey covers half down and my clothes scattered on it pretty interesting. Then i shifted my gaze to all the other stuff in my room . There , on the floor were shattered glass shards from the tube light ,now broken. The only source of light in the room were the few beams coming from the corridor, making it even more hard to see the looks on the faces of the figures standing in my room. My cupboard door was halfway open revealing even more clothes and my notes and assignments. There were many empty wrappers of my favourite crisps and empty boxes of ice-cream near the dust-bin. Yes , my room was a mess.

"Lauren honey ..."she spoke , her voice oh so sickeningly sweet yet dripping with venom. She slowly reached her hands to run them through my hair in an attempt to settle them , but i pushed them away just in time before they actually even touched me. Of course i needed a soft touch and a sweet voice from someone at this time in my life more than ever. That someone being my mom or maybe just anyone but not HER.

She gasped dramatically and faked looking a little taken aback by my sudden act. I could feel her fuming on the inside. She hurriedly composed herself after putting a tight smile on her face and continued saying, "We're just trying to help you Lauren .Don't take it the wrong way , we're here to take you with us. You can't live here anymore ...Alone . Especially after those...unexpected incidences..."

I rolled my eyes at what she just said.

Ha. Help me? No THANK U ! I'm totally fine..!

" Get it in that little brain of yours that i'm NOT going anywhere with you people," I said and walked a little closer to her to which her lovely husband's shoulders tensed , and he clenched his jaws. Seeing  that , i walked even closer , maybe a little TOO close that even i regretted it as the pungent smell of her perfume started suffocating me .But i still kept a straight face. I brought my lips close to her ear and glanced at the man standing a few meters away from us and asked in a dangerously low and hoarse voice  

"Why don't you people just drop the ACT in front of me? Huh? Why don't you just say that you people only want me cause i'm the only heir left of my parent's property? Why don't you declare that you don't really care? Why don't you say that you only want to keep your dead brother's daughter JUST to look good in the society ? Huh? Answer me!"

My gaze still locked on his dark orbs as i slowly shift back to my original position. Both of them remained quiet until he finally opened his mouth and spoke in a stern voice 

"You're coming with us whether you like it or not."

Outside the window , in the shadows of the night, there was a sudden bolt of lightning. It littered my whole room with light for  a split second , enough for me to see the fire in his eyes. And it was followed by a loud and dense growl from the clouds.

"What if i don't?"

"Don't make us do it the hard way," he said.

His voice was followed by another loud thunder and slow pitter-patter of raindrops against my bedroom window. To be honest , i've never actually liked thunder storms my whole life but today ,it was different..... they felt so right, as if they were in sync with my soul , in sync with my continuous struggle , sheer pain and sharp emotions.