04

I woke up in a room that wasn't mine. It had pristine white walls with little details of beige and a big window. The bed that I was on was large enough for five people and the blanket on me was made of soft fleece. The serenity that I was enjoying got ruined by the flashbacks from last night, the disappearance of a friend of mine and the incident in the casino. After everything, I still couldn't believe that I managed to feel safe that I somehow made it today.

" Hey Princess! You're finally awake. Johnny told me to get you because Chanyeol hyung called to ask if you were with us, you've got interrogation today and don't worry, they already sent the letter to your office. " Mark was standing there and I was instantly reminded of his kindness. I remained in my position after he left and I stared at nothing for several minutes, frozen in shock with the text message I received.

" You think you can escape? I don't think you checked your friends if they're doing well. " it was from no other than Shilseuk. As I scrolled through recent contacts, there were sixteen missed calls from Chungha and eleven from Ineul. Fortunately, the texts he sent me when he wants me to do something were still there as evidence. All I could do was sit and think things through with the heaviest feeling, only to be interrupted again by Mark.

" I thought I told you to come with me to speak with the others, they're worried. "

" Sorry. " I couldn't stand my emotions that it came out so broken, seemingly alright but far from it. We headed downstairs, a few turns then the living room where everyone else was came to view. I was engulfed in a gentle hug as soon as I made it to them, almost making me cry but I know that it was better not to. They had questions of my whereabouts last night but all remained unanswered, I was still shaken from the text message as I sat and contemplated. How could they be this caring when we just met several days ago?

" Johnny, can you please take me to detective Park? I need to talk to them right now. " it came more of a command than a question, I couldn't care less with everything in mind. He ushered me to his car and we went off without greeting the others, I felt guilty of acting so entitled in front of mere strangers that helped me. I hope that they know it was an urgent matter and I didn't need to talk my feelings out. I do, I'm just afraid to admit it.

We finally reached SM and I got off of Johnny's car immediately, telling him that I was fine and he must go, so he did. When he wasn't in sight anymore, I hailed a cab and went home to change clothes and prepare myself. The first thing I did was drop on the floor and weep, it was difficult getting attached to someone who made you feel needed and useless at the same time. I was there when Joy wasted herself with tequila but I wasn't with her when she needed help, we were a pair of charity cases and we worked well with each other. I was contented but of course, Shilseuk just got to ruin things for me and Joy.

I went to the bathroom and sat in the tub to freshen up, only to be soaked in tears. I had quite an hour to myself and dress up. Few minutes into applying make up, which I got used to by now, I received a call from Chungha and I was more than glad to pick it up.

" Luna! Where are you? Detectives from SM are here and they ask for you. Please tell me that you're fine. " it was obvious that she was just as worried as Johnny but my mouth remained shut.

" I think I know that you're not. I heard what happened and how could you not tell me you knew that Shilseuk had another victim? We were supposed to tell each other everything, I mean... Fuck, just get to SM safely and leave nothing unsaid. I handed all the reports, flash drives, and your laptop to Oh Sehun for evidence. " and with that, she ended the call. I was silent through the call and Chungha knew how troubled I was.

Last look in the mirror and I left my apartment. For some reason, I felt unsafe in my own place and it means something bad would happen. I always liked the quiet because I find it relaxing, but now, it was destroying the peace within me. The peace that Joy made before all the shit took place. I ditched the subway and hailed a cab and told the driver where I should be. He kept asking if he was familiar to me but I ignored, until I looked up and saw the same bartender that always served Joy her drinks, introduced himself as Bambam. He told me that I was banned from the casino by the owners themselves to avoid trouble, I am anything but trouble. I had plans to get wasted tonight and talk to Stray Kids first to ask about how Joy ended up there when she possessed Sooyoung's body. I prayed that they would change their minds and let me in later.