Story of Yanxi Palace Princess Adventure (2019)

Cast

Cast

Rain Wang as Princess Zhao Hua

Wang Yu Wei as Mongolian Prince La Wang Duo Er Ji

Xu Xiao Nuo as Adopted Princess Si Wan Ge Ge

Wang Yi Zhe as Fu Kang An/ Er Qing's Son

Wu Jin Yan as Wei Ying Luo/Imperial Noble Consort Ling

Nie Yuan as Emperor Qianlong

Liu En Shang as Head Eunuch Li Yu

Wei Yan Kan as Fu Cha Fu Qian/Fu Kang An's "Uncle"

Review

The Story of Yanxi Palace: Princess Adventure is a spinoff and continuation of the original Chinese drama, Story of Yanxi Palace. With reoccurring and new characters, we follow the story of Wei Ying Luo's daughter Zhao Hua as she learns about who to love and who to trust in the palace.

When I found out that this drama was being released on December 31st on Netflix, I was excited. My expectation before watching this was a follow-up from when Ying Luo became the Imperial Noble Consort, and her continuing to survive the palace and to protect the ones she loves. Even though it was only a six-episode season, it did meet the expectation that I and other fans of The Story of Yanxi Palace had. The story focuses more so on Zhao Hua and those around her rather than the original cast made for a very captivating story.  This brings me to the cast of this spinoff.

With Rain Wang from her supporting roles in dramas like The Story of Ming Lan and Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace, she gave a great portion of the sweet and "sometimes" level-headed daughter of Wei Ying Luo. Along with her two male counterparts, Wang Yu Wei and Wang Yi Zhe, she gave a similar fill of the love triangle we got in the original Yanxi Palace.

Though with this spinoff there are only two problems that I had when watching. One is being that I wished that this season was more than six episodes. This leads me to the second reason for this season being rushed. If there was more episodes then there would be more time to flesh out the characters and explain more of the situations. Even though watching you get a good sense of the characters and situations, I just think with more episodes there could have been more added to the story.

Currently, there have been rumors and fans asking for a second season of Yanxi Palace: Princess Adventures. Though if there is a second season, you can guarantee that I will review it.

So what did you guys think of this series? Also be sure to drop a like, comment, and share this review. BYEEEE!!!

 BYEEEE!!!

If/When there is a season 2, what do you think would be the storyline?

Do you think there should have been more episodes to flesh out the characters more?