The Book (1)

My name is Park Myungsoo and I am father to my son, Park Jimin.

Our world is full of secrets. We can deny it all we want and we can call things we don't believe myths and made up but sometimes it is all real.

I was a sheriff in my small town and although a tough job I loved doing it because I always had my partner ,Kim Namjoon alongside.

There will never be enough words to describe that man. Oh! How smart, how handsome and just how perfect he was.
I had lost my parents at the age of 15 and ever since, Namjoon had looked after me like an older brother. I loved him more than anything in the world.

I always thought I had everything this world could offer but that was until I met Seoyeon, my beautiful wife.
She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She made me feel complete and if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have been alive today.she was a godsend.
I loved my wife and my job and life seemed perfect then.

All the cases that I had worked were alongside Nakhon and there was never a case we couldn't solve. Atleast that's how it was for a very long time.

I remember this vividly, it was the 19th of March, 1987. Namjoon and I were assigned a case. In Boston street, a young woman in her mid 20s was brutally murdered in her own apartment. The strange part about this case was that the body had no blood in it. Not a single drop of it and not only that but  even after a thorough search we didn't find any blood anywhere in her apartment.

However, She had strange marks all over her body. They looked a little like snake bites but bigger.

 They looked a little like snake bites but bigger

Namjoon and I were both confused.We had never come across anything of this sort before.

He went through every book on snakes he could find to look for similar bite marks but nothing resembled the mark on the woman's neck.
"What do you think did this?" Namjoon asked.
I didnt think it was a snake at all. Maybe her killer created those bite marks on purpose to sidetrack us. However, nothing explained the disappearance of her blood.

How could one possibly rid this woman of all her blood.
"I know who might have done this!" Namjoon said.

Surprised I asked him who he thought might have done this.
"A VAMPIRE!" He replied with a dead serious expression. I burst out into laughter. Namjoon was a really smart and sharp man and he had ever been wrong until now but the moment he mentioned vampires I couldn't help but laugh.

"Vampires aren't real. It's all for the stories." I laughed
Namjoon wasn't laughing. He seemed dead serious about it. He explained how this wasn't the first case like this and took me to his house saying there was something he wanted me to see.

We went to his house and he showed me a wall that was covered with a large piece of fabric. He pulled it off to reveal a wall covered with photos and newspaper clippings and notes. They were all explaining similar cases which had occurred over time. This could be a pattern.

Back in the year 1885 there was a very similar case where a man had been murdered on the street and there was no blood inside of him and again in 1887, 1970,1985 and now in 1987.
Although the idea of vampire was simply not believable ,it made sense.

I decided to trust him. After all he was the only one I had.

"I have heard from the mad woman down the street that there is a vampire nest in the woods. You and I shall go there tomorrow night and kill every single vampire. Alright?" Namjoon said.
The "mad woman" who lived down the street was a drunkard. She did strange things and always said stuff like "I can summon demons!" Or "I can see ghosts! They live among us" and "The vampires, before you even know it will turn every single one of you in the village." No one ever believed her and she was usually thrown out from every place she went to but Namjoon seemed to believe her.

So I agreed to whatever he wanted me to do.