Chapter 2

Elsa stood on one of the balconies of the castle, looking over her kingdom. Everything was so peaceful, and she's happy about it.

"Your Majesty," a butler said from behind her, making Elsa start in surprise and freeze her hands to the railing.

"They're ready," he continued, unfazed by the sudden display of powers.

Elsa chuckled awkwardly. "Excuse me."

She forcefully snatched her hands away, breaking the ice, and faced the servant. "I'm coming."

As they both made their way to the door, a voice sounded from nowhere.

Ah-ah-ah-ah

Elsa gasped and whirled around, frowning. "Do you hear that?"

"What?" the butler asked in confusion.

Elsa took one last look outside and deduced the sound as a fragment of her imagination. "Nevermind," she smiled before turning around and walking towards the door.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On the other side of Arendelle, Anna was walking towards the direction of the forest. She gasped happily when she saw her friend lying on a picnic mat beyond a small fence.

"Enjoying your new permafrost, Olaf?" Anna chuckled as she sat down beside him.

"I'm just leaving the dream, Anna," Olaf said. "Oh, how I wish this could last forever."

The princess hummed in agreement.

"And yet change mocks us with her beauty," the snowman continued in a poetic voice, sitting up and examining a fallen maple leaf.

Anna chuckled once more. "What's that?"

"Forgive me," Olaf smiled at her. "Maturity is making me poetic."

"Tell me, you're older and thus all-knowing, do you ever worry about the notion that nothing is permanent?" he asked, frowning a bit.

Anna looked weirded out by the question. "Uhh, no."

"Really?" Olaf looked amazed. " Wow, I can't wait until I'm aged like you so I don't have to worry about important things."

Anna laid down on the mat, followed by Olaf.

"That's not what I mean," she clarified. "I don't worry because... well, I have you! And Elsa and Kristoff and Sven and the gates are open wide and," Anna smiled. "I'm not alone anymore."

She turned to Olaf and started to sing.

"Yes the wind blows a little bit colder

And we're all getting older"

Anna reached up as if trying to touch the sky.

"And the clouds are moving on with every autumn breeze"

She then turned to gesture at the pumpkin a few ways beside them, and Olaf gaped in horror.

"Peter Pumpkin just became fertilizer"

"And my leaf's a little sadder and wiser," Olaf sang sadly, watching as the maple leaf sagged in his hand.

Anna just smiled and gently turned the snowman's head towards her. 

"That's why I rely on certain certainties," she sang, pinching Olaf's carrot nose.

Olaf chuckled and together, they left the forest.

"Yes some things never  change

Like the feel of your hand in mine"