𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

warm, mike felt warm

warm, mike felt warm...like someone had lighted his eternal flame. before meeting will, the boy had felt a certain coldness, one that had frozen his heart and soul. without will he felt like winter....no emotion was present during the wintertime. but with will, he no longer felt like wintertime, but spring. his flours sprouted happily, no longer hanging sadly as they did before. his eyes twinkled with love and pure happiness, finally having emotion. they were no longer cold and empty.

mike was so deep into his own little world, not noticing that almost everyone was staring at him with impatience and curiosity. you see, it was mike's turn to roll the dice. they called his name a various amount of times, but the boy just stared blankly at the dice, lips turned up slightly.

"mike? earth to mike!" dustin groaned, shoving mike's arm harshly.

finally, he had snapped out of his trance and realized that it was his turn to roll the dice. he mumbled a quick 'sorry' before rolling the dice. he had gotten a 4 & 2.

" 6" he mumbled, grabbing cleric, his character and moving him 6 spaces ahead.

"oh, you've encountered the mind flayer!! what shall sir cleric do?!" lucas gasped dramatically, sitting up in interest. lucas truly acted like they were 13 all over again.

"uhm...set up my defenses and bring lord soth as my companion!" mike laughed at lucas' expression, leaning onto dustin.

he didn't notice will's jealous expression.

"how fucking lame, give me the dice!" groaned max, who had an arm wrapped around her petite girlfriend, jane.

using a single hand, max was able to roll a 3&1, using her single hand again to move 4 spaces.

" i've still got it, wheeler." she smirked wolfishly before nuzzling her nose into jane's strawberry scented hair. the smaller girl only giggled, squealing quietly.

"i don't need to see you two having sex in front of me, thanks. also, you play like an idiot! who gets four spaces?!" he laughed, pointing at the fuming redhead.

max flipped him off aggressively before passing the dice to lucas, who was practically bouncing with excitement. the boy took the dice, rolled it for much longer than it actually needed to be rolled, and threw them onto the table. seeing that he had gotten a 5&4, lucas moved 9 spaces while giving his two bickering friends a smug smile.

"you guys argued over who's better just for me to beat both of you" he snorted, passing the dice to dustin.

after dustin, who had scored a 5, came will. the tiny boy was sitting on jane's bed, knees tucked in and arms wrapped around his body. his face wore an adorable pout, his lips pulled out and eyes wide.

"your turn, byers" dustin smiled, making everyone internally coo at his smile,

"ah, no thanks. i'm not feeling up for d&d right now" he refused politely, smiling tightly.

dustin shrugged, passing the dice to mike, who didn't pay any mind to his friend. he was staring at will's flowers that sprouted proudly. mike envied the way will's flowers didn't sink or look melancholic. today was the only day he'd seen his flowers bloom
with curiosity and optimism. it felt...different?

"mike, wake the fuck up before your turn is skipped for the rest of the game." max snapped, once again snapping him out of his daze.

"yeah, 'm not gonna play anymore." he mumbled, slowly climbing onto the bed with will.

"gays." he heard max snigger.

ignoring her completely, mike slipped onto the bed before sliding an arm around will, who stilled at first but relaxed into it. mike smiled softly, staring into will's sedimentary eyes that glittered with affection. mike wanted nothing more than to kiss his soft lips and whisper sweet nothings into will's ears.

their friends, who were watching them fondly, argued over with ship name they would be called.

"it's byler!" dustin and and lucas whisper-snapped.

"wike, byler..whatever! they're cute as fuck- oh shit i can't believe i would use the word cute referring to MIKE" max made a face of disgust, staring at mike with her piercing blue eyes. jane lightly hit her arm, shaking her head.

"no matter how much you detest mike, you have to admit that you enjoy seeing him finally happy. i've never seen him this happy since..you know."

they all nodded gravely, remembering the time mike and jane had once dated. the relationship seemed awkward and forced, both of them knowing that they were too scared to come out. the 'couple' knew each other's secret and opted to date till they were ready to come out. that had lasted a total of 10 months before both of them had come out. jane as lesbian and mike as bisexual.

"if byler's happy, i'm happy." dustin shrugged, leaning onto lucas, who's eyes went wide.

"gays" jane whispered to her girlfriend, who threw her head back and laughed before pecking her.

for the rest of the afternoon, the friend group spent their time flirting and gossiping, d&d long forgotten. the gang was finally happy, smiling at each other fondly. seeing each other happy was all they wanted.

𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗶𝘁?

𝖥𝖤𝖫𝖨𝖷 𝖶𝖱𝖨𝖳𝖤𝖲 ⚢ 🍵 :

wow, this chapter made me super soft ): i really hope u enjoyed this  one, my loves <3. make sure to stay safe and social distance 🥺!!