Final plans

(small-time skip of 2 weeks) 

Merlin walks into the room and smiles "Ready?" I nod and run my hands through my hair "Just nervous I think." Merlin grins "The great prince Arthur nervous?" I scowl and shove his arm gently "Shut up Merlin." he smiles and kisses my cheek. "Everything will work out." I nod "I just hope that Uther doesn't hurt anyone." he smiles "Well he will have Morgana, me and several other people to deal with." I nod and yawn. Merlin smiles "I'll leave you for the night." I smile and stare at the floor "Will you, will you stay with me?" he smiles "Alright, I'll just go and change my shirt." 

I pull off my shirt and lay on the bed. Merlin reappears barefoot and with a baggy shirt on. I smile and he lays next to me "Night Arthur." he smiles "Night Merls." I smile and pull him closer wrapping my arms around his waist and putting my head in the crook of his neck. I fall asleep quickly with Merlin's warmth and smile. The next morning I wake up earlier than normal and smile down at Merlin. Our legs are tangled together and he is sprawled over my chest, I run my hand through his hair gently. 

He wakes up slowly and smiles "Morning." I smile "Good morning." he goes to move off me so I wrap my arms around his waist "No, you're my prisoner." he smiles "Well we do have an army approaching the Camelot borders but we can stay in bed for longer." I grin "Just a few more minutes." there is a knock at the door and we both sit up. "Arthur?" Merlin rolls onto the floor and disappears under the bed just as Uther walks in. "Still in bed?" I shrug "I was tired." he nods "I was hoping you would join me for lunch." I nod "Sounds great." he nods and looks around before walking out again.

I let out a long breath and Merlin re-appears "That was close." I nod and grin at his messy hair "We should probably get ready." I nod and kiss his cheek before he disappears into his room. He reappears dressed and with his hair combed. I pull on a shirt and walk over to him "Can you help me put on my armour?" he smiles "You should really learn to it yourself." I shrug "But then I wouldn't need you." he smiles and helps me into my armour and hands me my sword "Ready?" I nod and we walk outside to find a hooded figure waiting just outside the Camelot borders.

I smile "Morgana." she pushes back her hood and smiles "Hello little brother, Emrys." I smile "Morgana." she smiles "Have you got the key?" I nod and hand it to her "How many have you gathered?" she shrugs "Five sorcerers then there is 200 waiting in the surrounding forest if Uther proves difficult." I smile "There will be no need all the knight's bar maybe twenty are ordered not to fight." she nods "I'll see you soon." I nod and she disappears into the trees.

Merlin and I head back to the castle. When we get there we walk to the training grounds where Gwaine and Percy are fighting. "How did it go?" I nod "Very well." they nod and walk off. The warning bell begins to toll and I look at Merlin. He nods and we both run to the throne room. Uther is sitting on his throne looking bored "What is going on?" I sigh "A group of people have got through the back gate." he nods and scowls "Well stop them and find out how they got a key to the gate." I look at Merlin and sigh "They are being led by Morgana." he stands drawing his sword "Come on." 

We follow him out of the room and he storms through the corridors the distant sound of swords clanging reaches our ears. "Where are all the knights?" I smile at Merlin slightly and two knights come around the corner unfortunately they are two of the ones only loyal to Uther. They point their swords at Merlin and me "They are traitors sire." Uther turns and glares at us and the knight continues "They planned this whole attack and most of the knights are in on it." Uther glowers "Is that true?" I spot Morgana, Percy, Leon, Elyane and Gwaine walking towards us and smile. "Yes." 

"My own son turned against me," he turns to Merlin pointing his sword at him "And you I thought you could be trusted." Merlin smiles and his eyes glow gold. The torch next to us blazes up before returning to normal. "Sorcerer." he turns to me raising his sword "You knew?" I nod and he scowls the two knights behind him also raise their swords.