THIRTEEN

PARANOIA
( thirteen. )

━ ❁ ━

"REMUS, WHERE THE BLOODY hell are you?" Sirius whispered to himself nervously, walking down the corridor outside the Great Hall. He bit his thumbnail anxiously, trying to restrain himself from running his hand through his hair and messing it up.

Sirius couldn't help but get in his own head and overthink Aaron's simple wink. An action Sirius himself used on a daily basis, yet when Aaron Ross did it, it seemed like it was for the worst reasons. Maybe there was a small, tiny chance Sirius was taking this whole situation way too... well, siriusly.

But when it comes to Andrea...

Sirius tried to shake those thoughts out of his head before he - Hogwart's resident heartbreaker - thought something he'd later regret.

The boy eventually gave up a few minutes after his searching and decided to lean (ever so dramatically) on the nearest wall to get his bearings in order. He couldn't go back into the Great Hall without the overwhelming urge to punch Aaron Ross in his face and no amount of shameless flirting would get him to shake those ideas out of his head. But one thing was for certain:

Sirius needed to talk to Remus.

Fortunately-

"Padfoot?"

"Bloody hell!"

Remus snickered at Sirius's staggering form, watching in amusement as the boy tripped over his own two feet and nearly fell on his face.

"Alright, then..." Remus trailed off, reaching out to steady Sirius's figure. "You okay?"

Sirius nodded with a clenched jaw. "Yeah, of course, I'm okay," he said quickly. Remus gave him a strange look before turning on his heel in the direction of the stairs. "Wait!" Sirius called out.

Remus sighed sadly and begrudgingly turned around to face his friend. "What?"

"I have a problem."

"I know you have a problem, Padfoot, you are a problem, actually-"

"Remus," Sirius said firmly. The tall boy in front of him froze mid-sentence. "I'm not kidding around, alright," he insisted. "I need your help."

Remus cleared his throat but nodded nonetheless. "Okay."

━ ❁ ━

"You know what we should do?" Aaron asked Andrea, the two of them still sitting in the - now, nearly empty - Great Hall.

Andrea hummed in acknowledgement to his words, however, her attention was stuck on how cute Alice and Frank were acting across from her.

Aaron, noticing, nudged the girl slightly, successfully bringing her gaze back onto him. "We should plan a party."

The girl furrowed her eyebrows. "A party?" she asked. Aaron nodded. "Why?"

Her boyfriend shrugged nonchalantly. "First week of school is done, aren't parties a must?" he asked her, sending her a cheeky grin.