4. Battle of the Bands!

The battle of the Bands has officially started.

Sixteen bands ended up competing in this tournament-style battle. Each time, two bands would compete against each other. Principal Celestia, Vice Principal Luna, as well as the audience would decide which band would win. The one that looses will drop out in the competition and the winner goes to the next round. So in order to win the whole thing, one band has to win four times.

Star Twinkle and the Rainbooms however, didn't care about winning, with maybe the exception of Rainbow Dash. All that they needed to do was to stop the Sirens, who at this point, had everyone under their spell, except Star Twinkle and his friends. The only thing they needed to do was to use a counterspell to free everyone again. Unfortunately, Twilight had no counterspell ready yet and she still needed a lot more time from the looks of it.

Since the counterspell needed to be heard by everyone in order to cancel the Sirens spell, the Rainbooms needed to use it at the Battle of the Bands event, where all students would end up being eventually. It needed to work on the first time they decided to use it or else the Sirens would get suspicious of their plan.

This meant that the Rainbooms had to buy more time for her, meaning that they had to stay in the competition for as long as possible, winning against everyone who they were facing.

Luckily, not every band in the competition seemed to be too much of a threat to the Rainbooms. One of the "bands" was on stage already and tried their best to impress everyone. The Rainbooms were there too backstage and couldn't help but feel weird listening to this performance.

"And here I thought our practice earlier this day was bad..." Star Twinkle thought while he listened to the current performance.

The contestants that were playing right now consisted of Snips and Snails, who decided to take a more hip approach with their music. Both of them were wearing hoodies, long necklaces, sunglasses, and long pants, fitting for the music that they were doing right now if one could even call it music.

"Aw, yeah! Snips and Snails indahouse, yo!

They call me MC Snips and that ain't no lie
My favorite food is like pumpkin pie

I'm DJ Snazzy Snails, I like whales
When I go to the beach, I always bring my pails,"

Those were only a few of the brilliant lyrics that those two came up with, accompanied by some poor beatboxing from both of them.

At first, Star Twinkle thought he was the only one who didn't like it because he was not too much into this kind of music but as soon as he looked over to the audience, behind the curtain and saw the reactions of everyone else, he was sure that this was not a good performance at all.

However, both Snips and Snails didn't seem to notice that and just continued without a care.

"Everybody knows my favorite color is orange
My rhymes are so fly, they're better than... um...

Than an orange, yo!

Yeah!

Yeah!

Represent!"

...

"What do we... What do we do now?" Snips asked in the middle of the song.

"Get off the stage, I'd like to leave right now," Snails replied.