Unexpected Love AU 6

Chapter 6

Iroh sat on a rock as he sipped Jasmine Tea. "Would you like a cup? It may help you with your stress."

Toph shouted in frustration as she thrust her hand out to collide a rock into another. Debris fly in all directions.

"....I'll take that as a no." Iroh sighed.

The blind girl breathes heavily as she scowls at absolutely nothing. She has scratches and scrapes all over her arms and face. "I don't freaking understand!"

Iroh sets his cup down and walks over to the stressed girl. He placed his hand on her shoulder gently. "Let's have a seat. Talking about your issues is a lot more effective than taking it out on the environment."

Toph clenches and unclenches her fist several times before nodding.

Iroh guided the girl back to the rocks and they both took a seat. Iroh grabbed another cup out of his bag and poured some tea into it. He handed it out to Toph, who took it and began blowing on the steaming cup.

"Are you stressed about your friends?" Iroh asked.

Toph took a small sip. The wonderful taste of the tea caused the girl to ease up with a sigh. "Sorta yeah..."

"Is it about your lady friend or the Avatar?" He asked.

"Both..."

Iroh nudged the girl. "Come on. I need more details than that."

"Okay Okay!" Toph grumbled as she 'looked' at the old man. "It's sorta a mix. I don't know what to do about Aang and I'm so confused about this thing with Katara. Its driving me nuts!" 

"Let's focus on the Avatar matter then." Iroh began to say as he looked up at the starry night. "What he did to you was a selfish thing. I can't even vouch for that. To leave a friend just to keep them from getting close to others is almost unforgivable."

"The poor boy is 12 years old. He lost all his friends in the 100 years he went missing. He probably didn't want that to happen again." He continued. 

"But I had no friends all my life. I was a secret from the world. Aang knows that. He tried to take that away from me by saying I was dead..." Toph replied, feeling her angry bubble up. "I don't think I can ever forgive that, Iroh..."

"You don't have to forgive right away. But you can learn to grow past it. Forgiveness takes time and time takes patience. His companions may have helped him realize his mistake and now he feels guilty. I'm sure he's willing to make things right."

Toph didn't reply as she looks down. She was frowning deeply at the ground.

The silence and ton for several minutes before she spoke up again. "Okay... I'll hear what he has to say. But he'll have to hear what I have to say as well."

Iroh smiled. "I believe that is the right thing to do. Now onto the next matter..."

"Katara..." She muttered as her thoughts drift to the girl. "I'm not sure how to describe it..."

"Let's start off with how you feel around her."

"How I feel?" She repeated. "I guess it's a little strange on how I get around Katara... I'm really comfortable around her."

"That's a start. Can you tell me more?"

"My face get super warm whenever she says something nice to me or when I think about her." She says as she leans down to pluck the dirt that was between her toes. "I don't really understand it much. I just feel so different and vulnerable. I don't hate the feeling but it's driving me crazy and I'm really confused."