𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮?

— in which soulmates finally meet

- - -

Yashiro couldn't really tell the difference between morning and evening. It always looked the same: black, dull, and lifeless. Never had she seen anything different from varying of shades black and white.

Ever since Yashiro was born into the world, she had never been able to see colors. There was a curse humans were born with — soulmates, as they called it — and, by default, you aren't able to see colors until you meet the eyes of your soulmate.

But Yashiro doesn't care anymore, because her online best friend made her feel something similar— even if he's not real, even if he's just a stranger (and Yashiro knows he could be someone pretending to be a teenager).

He bloomed her world into a rose-colored fantasy. Everytime she talks (or in this case, texts) to him, she feels her chest getting warmer, and her surroundings suddenly brighten. Even if it's black and white. He made her feel whole.

School was over. Her phone buzzed.

Yashiro picked it up and swiped it open with a love-struck smile. Like she was a middle-schooler falling in love all over again.

Weeks had passed after the Fuji Boyfriend Incident (all caps absolutely necessary), as Hanako called it. Hanako and Yashiro became even closer, if that was possible. You can never see a time where Yashiro isn't rapidly texting in her phone — of course, only when it's a free time.

ToiletBoy-Hanako: afternoon yashiro!! (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Daikon: good afternoon

Daikon: hanako-kun. . .did u change my nickname again????

ToiletBoy-Hanako: (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) guess

Daikon: (ง'̀-'́)ง it has to do something with my ankles!?!

Daikon: you haven't even seen me irl!!!

Daikon: >:((

ToiletBoy-Hanako: (╥﹏╥)  yeah sadly

ToiletBoy-Hanako: oh c'monn!!! I didn't change the name you put on mine!!

Daikon: hanako-kun, the nickname u put for urself is way worse

ToiletBoy-Hanako: is nooot!!!

Daikon: is toooo!! It was like a preschooler named it

Daikon: who puts their nickname as Toilet Ghost Hanako-san 👻!?!? That's so absurd

ToiletBoy-Hanako: uh yours truly

ToiletBoy-Hanako: m e

Daikon: gross

ToiletBoy-Hanako: r u d e !

ToiletBoy-Hanako set his nickname as Hanako-san²

Hanako-san² set Yashiro_Nene's nickname as MeanDaikon

MeanDaikon: ಠ_ಠ